Skip to Content

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
lindah

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread post by lindah » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi I'm trying to change my accommodation on a booking that is fully paid, just want to swap a few days around but only have the option to cancel not change or modify. Don't want to cancel. one night before I've booked another. I'm trying yo change camps but it just gives me the option to change the accommodation within the camp I've booked. Any help appreciated, I've done it before but I can't remember how I did it! Thanks

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:50 am

Lindah, I have often changed bookings for various reasons and I have never had a problem. Simply email your request to reservations and they will get back to you. Good luck :thumbs_up:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

lindah

Unread post by lindah » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks Meandering Mouse I've done that but thought you could modify bookings using real time online booking service.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:49 pm

You certainly should be able to do that Linda, not sure why you are having problems doing so! :?
Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

s2000ap

Unread post by s2000ap » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:32 am

Does anyone know which camps have a freezer for the use by campers currently?

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:14 am

Hi s2000, I might be off mark here, but my experience has been that it is only those camps that have no electricity. I have used freezers at Tzendze and Balule.

s2000ap

Unread post by s2000ap » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:47 am

Thanks MM, I recall some camp having a freezer but can't for the life of me picture where it was or where in the camp it was situated, may have been Addo though, haven't camped for a few Years so had a Rondavel freezer.

julia9726

Unread post by julia9726 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:18 am

Helouuu!

We are returning to South Africa next year July 2017, this will be our second trip to africa and i know how fast accommodation gets sold out

So I just checked the online booking system today, ( July 1 in Canada) for June 2017 of next year, and its all sold out with the exception of a few huts?? Is this possible? Am I seeing this correctly online?

I'm just worried when I will log on on August 1 that for July 2017 it will get sold out really fast too, unless I just sit there and keep refreshing my page every minute of the day into the wee hours of the night and even then don't know that I will be fast enough :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know how else to ensure we get bookings for July 2017, as June 2017 seems already all sold out and its been less then 24 its been open online thoughts???
Lower Sabie Rest Camp: June 7th
Marloth Park: June 8/9/10
Lower Sabie: June 11th

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:06 am

Hi Julia, unfortunately the June and July months hit the school holidays.

I would suggest that you book what is available at the moment and change your bookings as more appropriate accommodation comes up. People often book as soon as they can and have to cancel, or change. Keep looking, particularly when the deposit time comes around. It is amazing how many bookings become available during this period.

saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by saraf » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:00 pm

julia9726 wrote:Helouuu!

We are returning to South Africa next year July 2017, this will be our second trip to africa and i know how fast accommodation gets sold out

So I just checked the online booking system today, ( July 1 in Canada) for June 2017 of next year, and its all sold out with the exception of a few huts?? Is this possible? Am I seeing this correctly online?

I'm just worried when I will log on on August 1 that for July 2017 it will get sold out really fast too, unless I just sit there and keep refreshing my page every minute of the day into the wee hours of the night and even then don't know that I will be fast enough :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know how else to ensure we get bookings for July 2017, as June 2017 seems already all sold out and its been less then 24 its been open online thoughts???

If you were looking before midnight SA time then that is what I expect, they don't tend to open the online calendars until the online booking is opened, which would be on the 2nd.

I've just now been looking at June 2017 for myself and, apart from a few dates were Lower Sabie and Skukuza don't have much left, there is plenty of availability for June 2017, especially the earlier part of the month.

So on the 1st Aug I recommend that you either email reservations with your requirements (and any alternatives)so that your email arrives in the early hours of the morning on the 1st Aug or be ready on the phone for the lines opening at 07:30. Please bear in mind online booking will not open until 2nd August.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

nancybsimmons

Unread post by nancybsimmons » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:45 pm

I am sure that this has been asked a million times before, but I have been looking all over the SANParks website and the forums and cannot find an answer.

Here is my question: How does one request refunds when modifications of online reservations resulted in overpayments to SANParks?

I have a bunch of reservations where I switched around dates and accommodations and activities, and ended up overpaying. Some of the overpayments were small and I don't mind giving those up to the park system, but a couple were substantial. How do I get that money back? I paid online using a credit card.

Thanks!
Nancy

August 2016
Kruger: Berg-en-Dal, Lower Sabie, Bushmans Wilderness Trail, Satara, Olifants, Punda Maria
Kgalagadi: Urikaruus, Kalahari Tented Camp, Nossob, Bitterpan
Also Mapungubwe, Marakele, Augrabies Falls, Mokala, and Golden Gate NPs

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:31 pm

Nancy,
Refunds:
Request for Refunds can be sent to: reservationrefund@sanparks.org along with the following:

The top part of a bank statement indicating:
The account holder name [same as the reservation holder].
The account number
Type of account
Reservation number
International clients can forward credit card details.
Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

nancybsimmons

Unread post by nancybsimmons » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Elsa wrote:Nancy,
Refunds:
Request for Refunds can be sent to: reservationrefund@sanparks.org along with the following:

The top part of a bank statement indicating:
The account holder name [same as the reservation holder].
The account number
Type of account
Reservation number
International clients can forward credit card details.

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed.
Nancy

August 2016
Kruger: Berg-en-Dal, Lower Sabie, Bushmans Wilderness Trail, Satara, Olifants, Punda Maria
Kgalagadi: Urikaruus, Kalahari Tented Camp, Nossob, Bitterpan
Also Mapungubwe, Marakele, Augrabies Falls, Mokala, and Golden Gate NPs

s2000ap

Unread post by s2000ap » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:31 am

Hi Nancy,

If you are at all interested in activities such as morning or night drives etc., you can use the money to book those activities, saves the extra hassles.
I tried that having never been on "out of daylight hours drives" and was very happy to have spent the credit in that way.

wheckroodt

Unread post by wheckroodt » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:20 am

I am looking for 1 night accommodation in south of Kruger for the 9th July for 1 person, camping or other accommodation. Already have 1 night in Berg-en-Dal for the 8th July. Dropping of guest at Lukimbi on the 8th and collection on the 9th dont want to travel back to Pretoria
Wilheck

Satara 19-22 July 2015
Letaba 23 - 25 July 2015

Return to “Kruger National Park”