Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Avocadeau

Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback

Unread post by Avocadeau » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Thank you very much Elsa, that's really helpful :D

minettest

reservation

Unread post by minettest » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:48 am

Morning can someone tell me when does reservations for June/July school holiday 2016 open?
:dance:
28/06/16 - tamboti
29/06/16 - tamboti
30/06/16 - tamboti
1/07/16 - berg en dal
2/07/16 - berg en dal
3/07/16 - lower sabie
4/07/16 - lower sabie
5/07/16 - crocodile bridge
6/07/16 - crocodile bridge

CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT WAIT!!! :lol:

Elsa

Re: reservation

Unread post by Elsa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:08 am

Because of the holiday period they open a bit earlier.

Here
Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

Madalla

Re: reservation

Unread post by Madalla » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Minittest,

If you do not get a booking you must check the availability of accomodation on a daily basis.
I will even go so far as to say that you have a better chance of getting a reservation that way.

A good alternative are the B&B's in the fringe towns close to the entrance gates - I used it once and their tariffs are very reasonable. But I must be honest - it is not quite the same as staying in a camp.

In the days before Internet you had to request a booking for July in writing and then the bookings were allocated on some basis. I did not get a booking one year so the next year I applied and three of my friends also applied.
We went on the booking of the lucky friend!
I wish I was as rich as the family thinks I am and as clever as I think I am

riekerth

Booking enquiry

Unread post by riekerth » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I made a booking today for next year July holidays for Letaba and Berg en Dal. I was informed that I cannot as the distances are too far apart!! Is it a new rule?
:shock:

George_Brits
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2015)

Re: Booking enquiry

Unread post by George_Brits » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi Riekerth,

Warm welcome to the SANParks forums!

It would be interesting to know because I have driven that distance previously and it is most certainly doable in one day if you get an early start. But also, one can exit the Park at Phalaborwa gate and then enter again at Skukuza for eg...

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi riekerth,

Welcome to the forums!

No, it is not a new rule, the policy has been in place for a long time and I have experienced it myself when trying to book camps far apart. The distance is about 225km and driving at an average of 25km, the speeding problems, and in winter when the gates are open later and closer earlier, it is obviously considered by SANParks as too far to do in one day :thumbs_up:
Sawubona
Dalene

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Warm welcome Riekerth!

I have heard about it in the past, if I remember correctly I think the limit was 180kms between camps and I see the distance B & D & Letaba is 243kms.
I think its to stop speeding and possible late arrivals.
I see DB has confirmed it as well.

asan

Booking Activities Online?

Unread post by asan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:59 am

Is it possible to book activities, like morning walks and game drives, using the sanparks website? I believe there was a section of the website that allowed you to see real time availability for activities and to book them online, like you can for accommodations. I cannot seem to find where it is. If anyone can direct me to the link, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

barryels

Re: Booking Activities Online?

Unread post by barryels » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:17 am

Dear asan,

Yes you can still book activities online :thumbs_up: .

1. Select the Reservation button at the top of the website and open the Dropdown index;
2. Select the Tariff option;
3. When the Tariff page opens, go to the right of the screen and Login to online bookings;
4. Read through the Terms and Conditions and when you are happy with it, agree by ticking the box at the bottom left and select "Continue";
5. You will now be on the login page;
6. Login;
7. When you are logged in you will find three choices, namely: "New Reservations", "Existing Reservations" and "Update your profile" You will see that under existing reservations, "Activities" are included.
8. If you select "New Reservations" you will find two options in the "basket" window on the right side of the page, namely: "Add Accommodation" and "Add Activities";
9. Select "Add Activities"
10. If you have an existing booking the system will take you to the Park where you have a booking;
11. Click on the park and it will open the list of camps.
12. Select the camp where you want to book an activity. This will again open a dropdown screen with all the available activities as well as a calendar;
13. Choose the activity and date and just follow the online instructions.

Hope this will help and enjoy your time in the park :thumbs_up:
Always be humble and understanding

Off to Kruger:
17-19/10/2016 Letaba
20-22/10/2016 Punda
23-25/10/2016 Shingwedzi
26-28/10/2016 Mopani

bosfee

Unread post by bosfee » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:34 pm

As this is the first time booking I want to find out. we are struggling to find accommodation for next year. my question is it possible to book like a hut for one night and a bungalow for the next at the same camp? as this is only what available and I must take what I can get. example I found a luxury tent and tamboti for one night and a normal tent for the next night. can I book like that? :pray:

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:49 pm

bosfee, I think I can say yes, you can do that but hope I'm not talking out of turn?
I know it wasn't allowed in the past due to some folks not vacating the unit by the stipulated 10am and therefore holding up the cleaning staff.
but I do recall seeing somewhere where they now do allow that or it was going to be changed.
From this post Here

Why don't you try and book it and see what happens and then you always change it if something else opens up.

bosfee

Unread post by bosfee » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 pm

evening can anybody tell me the June cancellation if one does not pay there deposit how does it work. deposits is payable by 20 Aug when will it show on website or at reservation office units available?

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:15 pm

bosfee, I would imagine as soon as the deposit date has passed and no payment is received the reservation would automatically be cancelled and reappear on the availability.
That is certainly what it states on your Deposit request letter!
but I am not sure if there is any sort of interim delay in that happening in case of payments crossing.
But if you are looking to pick up on those lapsed bookings then I would certainly keep a close eye on availability from the 20th onwards.

stevenjm

Unread post by stevenjm » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:13 am

Imax wrote:the booking is for 1 night only and i was trying to add a night before in the same camp, so not much chance of there being a gap.

Hi Imax,

If you go to existing reservations, and expand your reservation to see your itinerary line, further expand that and you will see the date options. Use the first one to add a day before your current night and then process that. It will amend it and then ask you to confirm your amendment. If there is payment due, it will alert you to the fact and you can process the payment for the amendment.

If you do not come right with the above, please let me know on mail - steven.macintyre@sanparks.org and I will assist further

Regards,

Steven

Return to “Kruger National Park”