Skip to Content

Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Warm welcome to the forum Dan,

You must have your entry permit, either at the airport or Skukuza reception, by the time you wish to exit to Hazyview, inform the staff there and it will be stamped for Re-entry by the security staff at the gate.
When you come back you only need to show them the re-enty permit and you will be allowed in.

Tedx2

Unread post by Tedx2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi All

I'm a newbie and will, hopefully make my first trip to KNP later this year. On 29 August 2015 Expat_Kiwi asked if it were possible to stay in different types of accommodation in the same camp on consecutive nights, later on the same date Elsa posted the following response:

"I know in the past it was not allowed due to the fact that some guests didn't vacate the one unit by the stipulated time causing delays for the cleaning staff but I had understood that this was no longer the case and they were allowing it now.
Try calling a different office and see what they say, in the mean time I will try and get an official ruling on this."

Does anyone know if this was ever resolved? Thanks in advance.

Ted

Lesego
Guru
Guru

Unread post by Lesego » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:12 am

Dear Tedx2

Many thanks for the query. Although the staff at contact centre still apply the rule, this can be overridden by supervisory staff as long as there is an understanding of the check-in and check-out requirements by the guests and an acceptance thereof.
Lesego Nko
Web forum and Online Stakeholder Relations
Lesego.nko@sanparks.org
Tel: (012) 426 5202

Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Graham_5000 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:57 pm

grumpytyke wrote:
s2000ap wrote:Maybe not the advice you're expecting but try lycamobile uk for os calls. Hope this isn't advertising. They seem to have cheaper rates for os than local calls

Cost me £9 using house phone took longer than normal might have a look at them.

Calling SA need not cost more than a few pence. PM me if you want details. All you need to do is call via an intermediary company, or use an App.
Kruger National Park, August 2016:

1 night Shimuwini
3 nights Punda Maria
2 nights Mopani
3 nights Talamati
1 night Crocodile Bridge

ryry2003

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread post by ryry2003 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:04 am

Hi all

We are hoping to travel from Australia to Kruger next July school holidays, the only time we can travel, as a group and will require at least 4 separate lodgings at each of 3 camps, Skukuza, Satara and Letaba.

I know that the camps will fill quickly as they have the last couple of times we have tried to book during this period.

It is impossible to get what we require when trying to book from Australia as everything seems to be already taken by the time we get through on the phone or online. It seems that bookings have been pre organised or given to tour agents.

Is there a way that we can compete on a level playing field when trying to book accommodation or do we do what we have in the past and that is pick up any scraps and alter our plans and group size to fit in.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:44 pm

Unfortunately during these peak and busy holiday season its always going to be difficult to pick up exactly what you want and from abroad as well.
All I can really suggest is to try and send your booking form off to reservations the day before the booking opens, but to arrive here just after midnight and keep fingers crossed.

Madalla

Making "Impossible" Bookings

Unread post by Madalla » Tue May 03, 2016 8:29 pm

You can make "impossible" bookings if you have the time to watch the availability section for cancellations.

That was how I got 14 days over Christmas and New Year last year. Those days were spread over just 3 camps - B&D, Lower Sabie over Christmas and Skukuza over New Year. The booking was made late October and finalised after about six weeks.
But, initially, I had to book one night camping in Malelane and one night camping in L/S. We would have had to sleep under a bush if there were no cancellations.

The same happened now - the last week of April I booked camping for 14 days last half of May - wherever I could get a reservation and today I had camping in all the camps - Punda, Shingwedsi, Tsendze, Satara, Skukuza - exactly as originally planned, when there was a cancellation in Satara.
You just have to be patient and the "impossible" can become "possible"

Gee, I sound just like a motivational speaker! :lol:
No thought can live in your mind rent free. Prov 4:23

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Bit of a wake up call for me, a trial run

Unread post by Hugh » Thu May 05, 2016 10:54 am

I always use the Cape Town satellite phone number for bookings ( they do all the Sanparks ) +2721 4876800 and follow instructions Usually press 2 when prompted to do so. I usually get through straight away and the staff are ultra pleasant
I believe the online bookings are the best and you also get a 5% discount ..and are immediate , if you check availability after you have booked you will see your booking has been removed .
"WRINKLES
Something other people have,
similar to my character lines

Friedrich von Hörsten
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Friedrich von Hörsten » Thu May 05, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Rowingboat,

Realtime means it changes all the time -- I have asked for a booking, but none available. Checked again an hour later, and a cancellation had just occured, and I got it... So grab it online asap before someone else makes the booking. You can then check the usual "availability" and find that your booking has already been processed...it is not available anymore... realtime.

1. I NEVER try anything else except my satellite booking office in Stellenbosch -- have NEVER had to wait at all -- immediate response within seconds. Eezibookings = 0861114845 (check on Sanparks for their number if I have inadvertently swapped the 8 and 5 around... lol)

2. If I definitely know I want something, then I just do it on the online bookings -- only snag = immediate payment... lol (5% discount)

3. Check 2 months before the time for cancellations when final payments have to be made...

Enjoy your visit.

Friedrich von Hörsten
``God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on your heart'' -- E. St V Millay

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hippotragus » Thu May 05, 2016 12:30 pm

I use the Satellite Office at Heathway Centre, near Cresta, in Johannesburg - fantastic staff.

I agree with Friedrich - cancellations DO occur, especially two months before the date for the booking, when the final payment is due and people either forget or don't bother to pay on time.

Good luck and keep trying.
Malelane 12th October 2016
Skukuza 16th October 2016
Lower Sabie 17th October 2016
Skukuza 2nd-5th March 2017
Satara 5th-8th March 2017
Tamboti 8th-11th March 2017

Geyser

Credit available in confirmation letter

Unread post by Geyser » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:28 am

I modified accomodation in Kruger NP and I have now credit available in my credit card.
Will I can use this credit available to pay the wild card or any service in Kruger NP or I must ask for a refund?

Thank you

Marc

Elsa

Re: Credit available in confirmation letter

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:37 am

Hi geyser and welcome to the forum,
I have asked re this recently and unfortunately the answer is, no you can't use your credit for a Wild card purchase.
You need to send an e-mail to reservationrefund@sanparks.org mentioning your reservation number and client code and request crediting of the amount on hold to your credit card.

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Credit available in confirmation letter

Unread post by Hippotragus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello geyser. What I have done in the past with a small credit balance, is to use it to pay for an activity in the Park - i.e. a drive, walk, etc. If you are planning another trip, you can also use it towards the payment for that trip.
Malelane 12th October 2016
Skukuza 16th October 2016
Lower Sabie 17th October 2016
Skukuza 2nd-5th March 2017
Satara 5th-8th March 2017
Tamboti 8th-11th March 2017

mikath

booking

Unread post by mikath » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:01 pm

I want to book 3 weeks in various camps in Kruger ParkJune 2017. I will be booking on line so is the date to book 1st July 2016
Thanks

saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: booking

Unread post by saraf » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi Mikath,

I was looking at this for myself the other day and I found this:

https://www.sanparks.org/tourism/reserv ... eriods.php

Online booking for June 2017 opens on 2nd July 2016.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Return to “Kruger National Park”