Skip to Content

Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Horrace

Re: What happens if you miss check in and arrive a day later?

Unread post by Horrace » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:04 pm

In all seriousness, if it comes down to it, I will offer one free night to anyone who can check in for me. It's only in December, so still some ways to go yet.

Have to book the accommodation though - so no hanging about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheetahlady
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by cheetahlady » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:30 am

Horace,

The following is on my booking form for 2017:

"Should the reservation not be taken up on the arrival date the accommodation will be held until 09:00 the following day
after which the reservation will be cancelled and the deposit, where applicable, forfeited.
SANParks reserves the right to retain the deposit, or part thereof as cancellation fee, stipulated in the conditions governing
the Acceptance Of Advance Reservations which are attached."

I would suggest contacting the camp concerned if it is the day you are due to arrive, explain the situation and they can probably amend the booking so you don't lose it. You may not get a refund for the night, but you don't want your whole holiday cancelled. My understanding is that reservations for a particular camp transfer to the camp 24 hrs before so need to contact camp not central reservations. Make sure you have the number for your first camp so you can call them (before gate closing time) if you have a problem.

You may even be able to move the first night to a gate camp where late arrivals are less of a problem (Orpen, Croc Bridge - would still need to call though)
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better
Albert Einstein

KNP June 2017 Mopani, Shingwedzi, Letaba, Satara, Lower Sabie, Pretoriuskop, Berg-en-Dal

cheetahlady
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by cheetahlady » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi Horrace

If you know you are going to not make day 1 before, then you can contact reservations and amend booking. Usual rules should apply - it here is a sliding scale for refunds depending on how far in advance it is. If you only know you will not make the camp same day that you are due to arrive, then phone the camp as it would appear that failure to show up by 9am the following morning would mean cancellation of the reservation. I am sure Lesley will provide exact details.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better
Albert Einstein

KNP June 2017 Mopani, Shingwedzi, Letaba, Satara, Lower Sabie, Pretoriuskop, Berg-en-Dal

Horrace

What happens if you miss check in and arrive a day later?

Unread post by Horrace » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:45 am

Update from Sanparks - I emailed Sanparks this morning and got a reply in minutes (great service). All that one needs to do is let the camp know you will miss the night or check in late - they will make a note on your booking reference and hold the accommodation for you.

It seems to me that common sense has prevailed, and that Parks will do whatever they can to assist us - their customer....

Thanx to all who contributed to my enquiry, I really appreciated it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSI

Change accommodation type at check in

Unread post by MSI » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 pm

I have 2 nights booked at Punda Maria in a DB3 room the end of November. If the weather isn't crazy hot, I would like to see if I can switch to a tent with a fan the day of check in. Is it possible to change accommodation type the day of check in if its available? If its gonna be crazy hot I would like to keep the DB3 room.

Thanks-

Elsa

Re: Change accommodation type at check in

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:28 pm

I guess it would be possible if a tent was available for the 2 nights and of course up to the staff in reception.
Not sure what the situation would be with the price difference with regards the modification fee.

mikath

bookings

Unread post by mikath » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:28 am

I have booked my accommodation in Kruger Park for June 2017 for 16 nights on line but unfortunately the flights from the UK didn't open until a month later and the dates were 2 days later than the dates we booked the park. This is the part where I think we went wrong as in our panic we booked and paid for 2 extra nights at the end of our trip, then cancelled the 2 nights at the beginning.
Now for the question will we get a refund for those nights .I have emailed them but have not had an answer.

DinkyBird

Re: bookings

Unread post by DinkyBird » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:46 am

Elsa wrote:You will be able to get a refund Mike unless you want to use the credit for any activities like guided drives/walks etc or simply keep it in reserve for any future visits.
Did you send your mail to reservationrefund@sanparks.org

Also try reservation.refund@sanparks.org if you are not getting a reply.
- Dalene

mina9738

Unread post by mina9738 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi,
Does anybody know if I can book for activity(Sunset drive) at Crocodile bridge camp when I don't stay there? I book the accommodation at Marloth Park, but wonder if I can join any activity in the Park.

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Yes, you can. You can even book online: see here - you'd book the 'external' ones
- Dalene

Arries14

Unread post by Arries14 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:53 pm

I booked two nights at Punda Maria for camping and would maby want to upgrade to a hut. Will any penalties apply?

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Not if you upgrade.

Modifications:

For downgrading of a reservation when a deposit has been paid, percentage is calculated on the difference:

Modify within 30 to 15 days before arrival – 25%.

Modify within 14 to 7 days before arrival – 50%.

Modify within 6 days and less – 100%.

When modifying the arrival date to an earlier date, no modification fees will be charged, unless the total cost is
decreased and the arrival date before the modification fell inside the 30 day period.

If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the
fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
- Dalene

Natatat

Unread post by Natatat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi everyone, first time poster here. We have booked 1 night Satara, 3 nights Olifants in October. We saw availability for Satara on the 2nd night (we've been watching the accommodations availability like a hawk).

Original plan: Satara (1N), Olifants (3N)
Goal: Satara (2N), Olifants (2N)

1) The web system would allow us to cancel the Olifants night, but not add the Satara night. Has anyone else had this issue? The opening in Satara would have been a different unit than our first Satara night...is that not allowed and that's why we were blocked?
2) We emailed Sanparks and they replied that we were already booked into the unit (it was for the previous night though). Perhaps this was just miscommunication. The room is gone now sadly.

We would prefer to call Sanparks, but we live in Vancouver and it is exactly opposite time from SA...we're asleep when SA has office hours. And we spotted the availability around 10pm SA time, so we couldn't have called anyways and the online system was restricting us from changing.

Any thoughts from those experienced with KNP systems would be appreciated!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Warm welcome to the forum Natatat! :clap:

There seems to be some difference where some allow changing accommodation within a camp and others don't!
Apparently its up to the individual reservation officer?

My advice will be to keep an eye on availability over the next months and check whether you can add onto your Satara booking.
Please let us know if you have success or not. 8)

satarielxx

Unread post by satarielxx » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

i want to book an accommodation for September 2017. Now i know from our last Reservation (via mail) that it is possible 11month before.
Now my "little" question:

The 1st of October 2016 is on Saturday. When can i make my reservation (this time i want to book ONLINE)?? On Monday the 3rd or on Thuesday the 4th??
Or will it better to make the reservation direct via Mail on Saturday???

Thx and Regards :gflower:

Return to “Kruger National Park”