Skip to Content

Guest Houses in Kruger

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
andyaxa

Melville vs Nshawu Guest House

Unread postby andyaxa » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:23 pm

For first timers on a two night stay, which would you suggest? Melville at Letaba or Nshawu at Olifants?

Grantmissy
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Guest Houses in Kruger

Unread postby Grantmissy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:04 am

Andyaxa I suggest Nshawu in Olifants Camp. Enjoy your visit :thumbs_up:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:48 am

I agree with GM - the view there is amazing, and you can watch a brilliant sunset. My only caution will be that you will need binocs and the animal activity is 'far away' (in the river bed). If you are ok with that, then the best choice.

For Letaba, I would prefer Fish Eagle guest house because of its position - it has its own private birdhide over the river.

andyaxa

Unread postby andyaxa » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks GM and DB! Two nights did appear at Nshawu, so we grabbed them and will release the Melville hold. We were interested in the river walk at Olifants anyway, so this that makes it a double win.
Thanks again!

suebfly

Unread postby suebfly » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Has anybody got comments about the Doherty Bryant Guest house at Pretoriuskop. I recently stayed at this camp for the first time recently and would like to go again when we visit in November. The guesthouse is available on the days we have and I wondered if it is worth the extra expense. thanks so much

Grantmissy
FAC Member (2015)

Unread postby Grantmissy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Suebfly the Joubert house is the best in Pretoriuskop. The family cottages are second best but this is based on personal preference and opinion. The Bryant house is ok and I would say if your requirements are privacy and your own secluded perimeter view then the Bryant house is worth the extra expense. The rooms are like rondawels and each has their own little veranda to enjoy early morning coffee :D enjoy your visit :thumbs_up:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

suebfly

Unread postby suebfly » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Thanks Grantmissy - we stayed at one of the family units last week and I LOVED it - that is why I have fallen in love with this camp and want to go back to introduce other family to it. Unfortunately there are none available at the time I have available but the Bryant Guest house is and I absolutely love the idea of privacy so I think I will go for it - thanks again

squirrel81

Re: Shingwedzi - Rentmeester House

Unread postby squirrel81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Dear all,

did anyone stayed recently in the Rentmeester House ? We have stayed there last time approx. 2010 .
During the flood 2013 there has been washed away a lot of the riverrine in the back of the house. We saw that only from a far distance, we had no chance when we visited the camp after 2013 to have a closer look as the house was always occupied.

It would be of interest for us to know if it is still worth to spend that extra money for the Rentmeester House.
Our alternative is a Cottage in Sirheni (a camp we fell in love with when Shingwedzi had to be rebuilt).

Many thanks and looking forward to an answer,
greetings,
Brigitte

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”