Skip to Content

Maroela Satellite Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Juan_Boshoff

Re: Maroela Satellite Camp

Unread post by Juan_Boshoff » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:24 am

Maroela has 220v yes. Just no shops or restaurant.

naomi c
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by naomi c » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:11 pm

We returned home :cry: on Sunday after an amazing two weeks camping in Maroela. We were lucky enough to find a spot on the fence with shade for almost the whole day. The camp was never overcrowded, the ablutions spotless, the weather mostly cloudy and cool - everything was just perfect! Thanks again Zondi and Nikiwe for a very well run camp! :clap:
I could also tick one off my bucket list - the Timbavati flooded on the day after Christmas - one moment a dry riverbed and the next it is filled with water. An amazing experience!
We were also blessed with wonderful sightings - Orpen's pack of wild dogs, lions on the entrance road to the camp, cheetah and many more. The day that we entered we got a leopard in the road a couple of hundred meters after the boom gate! And when leaving on Sunday, elephant and a herd of buffalo on this same stretch between the gate proper and the boom gate.
All in all one of the best December trips to KNP ever! :D

Jo
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Maroela camp - Internet signal

Unread post by Jo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:39 am

As much as I hate asking this, I have the opportunity to head up to Kruger for a couple of nights, but would have to take work with me. That said, I would rather be sitting in a bush office than in my work office :thumbs_up:

I just need to find out if anyone knows if you can pick up 3G internet signal at Maroela camp site? Otherwise I will have to look at one of the bigger camps

Thanks

Cape Bulbul

Unread post by Cape Bulbul » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:00 pm

We were in Maroela 20-22June 2016 and we had 3G reception with a good signal strength.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”