Skip to Content

Sirheni Bushveld Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
judithlorraine123

Re: Sirheni Bushveld Camp

Unread post by judithlorraine123 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:16 pm

hi there, we were there mid-may. there was still some water around....but things were looking very dry already. beautiful camp with a wonderful atmosphere and our favourite of the trip. top marks to the sirheni team for keeping everything immaculate and letting us know in advance of any small problems. paul (duty managar) was an exceptional host and an absolutley superb and very experienced and knoweldable guide. you´ll love sirheni.

leervis
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by leervis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:20 am

Even without the water in front of the camp Sirheni is great, well kept, wonderful area and great drives. It is a true bush camp, very different to Shimuwini with it's rolling lawns and swimming pool. Still my favourite bush camp and really looking forward to our next visit in September.
1 - 7 September Balule Camping

shrew

Unread post by shrew » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi all
Just got back home from a wonderful trip to Kruger. Sirheni was an absolute winner, the accom was wonderful, the staff are unbelievable (Paul took us on the best night drive I have ever been on). I will definitely be back on my next trip and strongly advise anyone who is considering staying here to definitely do so.
Just great

leervis
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by leervis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:16 am

IMHO Sirheni is the best of the bush camps.
While sightings are always " how lucky you are on the day " we have seen everything in the area, and tons from the camp.
The best way to get there is via Polokwane - Giyani - Punda Gate. From Jhb about 50kms further than the Phalaborwa gate. Good roads but comply with the speed limits or it may be an expensive journey. The camp is well laid out with each cottage having a good amount of privacy.
The dam was washed away during the last floods, but there are normally pools in the river bed.
After driving out of the camp, within about 4 ks, you have a choice of 3 directions which is always nice.
Close enough to get to Pafuri, and the sand road to Shingwedzi is one of my favourite drives in the Kruger. Enjoy!
1 - 7 September Balule Camping

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:50 am

Any one been to Sirheni in the last few months , how did you find your trip

Vols

Unread post by Vols » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi Reza

I was at Sirheni a couple of weeks back - all I can say is WOW and what a great camp it is. Definitely in my opinion one of the best (probably the best...) Paul (the camp manager) is fantastic to say the least! He really is the best man for the job - full of passion and joy. Kudos to the staff of Sirheni for their friendliness an very well kept camp.

The north is not as severely affected by the drought than the south - the veld looked surprisingly good - to me it was typical winter veld and there are many things to see in the area. The scenery is just breathtaking. There lovely drives around the camp and can make a day's travel up to Pafuri.

Animal sightings - Lots and lots to see around the camp. You actually do not have to leave the camp at all. Its such a peaceful and beautiful setting with the riverbed and tall trees. Every night we heard the resident leopard making its rounds (more to the left side of the camp - towards the dam wall). His call was clearly heard from Hide2. A giant eagle owl was in the trees opposite our cottage and the night-jars sang their chorus throughout the night. On our night drive Paul found us 25 lions (with cubs of all ages and sizes) - he says that particular pride in the area members up to 35+ lions. Other great sightings included hippo, crocodiles, elephants x million, buffalo, genets, lots of general plains game and of course many birds. On this trip I was lucky enough to see sable and roan which is a first for me. You simply cannot go wrong with Sirheni - its probably one of Kruger's best gems. The S56 is a must - I think it is about 30 km but it will keep you busy for a while since there is activity around every corner - and it is such a breathtaking road.

We stayed in unit 2 - beautiful view and private. (I believe all units are perfectly situated).
I cannot wait to go back.

Oh and I almost forgot the best part of Sirheni - no real traffic jams :dance:
Kruger - a piece of heaven that has fallen from above onto God's Eden

July
15 - Tamboti
16&17 - Skukuza

August
6&7: Punda
8-10: Bateleur
11-12: Sirheni

2017 April
5-8: Biyamiti
9-12: Boulders
13&14: Olifants
15&16: Roodewal

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 am

Hi Vols

Thank you so much for this update, wow !, sounds like you had an amazing time !!!! excitement has just sky rocketed !!! Will be at Sirheni from the 24thNov -28Nov .Will make sure to book a game drive with Paul as this is not the first time his been recommended . :dance:

Reza

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Enjoy your Kruger visit in November Reza :D :thumbs_up: Sirheni is a great camp 8)
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks so Much Grantmissy !!!!!

The wait is excruciating ! :wall:

Vols

Unread post by Vols » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:34 pm

I might be wrong Reza, but think that Paul will be moving to Shimuwini soon - so you might miss him in Nov.
I first met him when he was at Bateleur and then visited him at Sirheni on two trips. Guess one of my next visits will have to be Shimuwini.

Enjoy the trip in Nov - hopefully the time goes by quickly
Kruger - a piece of heaven that has fallen from above onto God's Eden

July
15 - Tamboti
16&17 - Skukuza

August
6&7: Punda
8-10: Bateleur
11-12: Sirheni

2017 April
5-8: Biyamiti
9-12: Boulders
13&14: Olifants
15&16: Roodewal

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by RosemaryH » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback Vols :thumbs_up: Great to read

I will ensure that Paul and management are notified of your comments :thumbs_up: :gflower: Thanks for taking the time.
Rose

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”