Skip to Content

Sirheni Bushveld Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Reza

Re: Sirheni Bushveld Camp

Unread post by Reza » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Elmar wrote:Is there a generator located in Sirheni camp? If so, where? I would like to request a unit that is not close to the generator. Thanks!

Hi Elmar - Elsa is spot on , hope you have an awesome time at Sirheni
Duckling in training

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Boslaaitie wrote:Good morning

My family an I are going to sirheni for the first time in june. :D This is only my wifes 3rd time to the kruger. She don't really like the busy south so I decided to make a change and we are only going to the north. Starting with 2 nights at letaba then 2 nights at sirheni and ending at shingwedzi in the rentmeester for the last 2 nights. I have been to the kruger many times but dont know the north that well. The 2 nights at sirheni. I know all the bangalows at sirheni will be nice but what will you mites prever between number 11 and 15? The whole of the camp is still open the time we are going. 11 is in the middle but have a nice view of the pool in front of the camp. 15 is like i have read in the corner next to the fence, nice and private and next to the fence. sounds good to me. But would just like to know is you would be able too see water from number 15 in june? I like to sit and watch the animals coming for a drink. Looking forward to your sugestions.

Have a nice day

Hi Boslaaitie

I am so jealous of your itinerary :mrgreen:
I stayed in 14(6sleeper) , was beautiful , but when I had a look at the view from 15(4 sleeper) I told myself id like to request 15 next time.According to the staff, the resident leopard has been spotted on the rocks directly opposite unit 14 and 15 in the riverbed. Was no water in the riverbed during my stay except for the little pool in front of 11

enjoy !
Duckling in training

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Grantmissy wrote:Sirheni is a great Bushveld Camp 8) Thank you for the feedback Reza :thumbs_up: May your return to Sirheni in August be equally pleasant and rewarding. You had good lion sightings in the vicinity 8)

Thank you Grantmissy !
Duckling in training

Elmar

Unread post by Elmar » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks I appreciate the advice. Any recommendations on "the best" GC6D. According the best unit page it is nrs 1, 2 and 7. Any specific one that is preferable over another?

Boslaaitie

Unread post by Boslaaitie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Thank u Reza. Think i will then stick with number 15. At this stage onle 2 chalets is book for that evenings. looking forward to a quiet sirheni. maybe the leopard will come and say hallo... :lol:

Elmar

Unread post by Elmar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Which do you prefer at Sirheni - unit 1 or unit 7? Thanks, advice much appreciated.

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:29 am

@ Boslaatie yes hopefully you get a visit from the leopard!!! :mrgreen:

@ Elmar, Ive only stayed in unit 14 - hopefully some of the members could give you more advice, have an awesome trip ! :mrgreen:
Duckling in training

Reza

Unread post by Reza » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Anyone been to Sirheni lately , any good sightings on the mphongolo loop or S57 :mrgreen:
Duckling in training

Boslaaitie

Unread post by Boslaaitie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

We are going to sirheni in june for the first time. Please tell us how is the sighting around sirheni at the moment an what is the best roads to travel around it?

Bazzerk84

Unread post by Bazzerk84 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm

We are also Sirheni bound, for the first time, in June :dance:

Another first will be a couple of nights in the tents at Punda.

Last time we were in Northern Kruger was November 2015 so we cannot wait to go back!
Planning for KTP in 2018 :mrgreen:

Check out my wildlife photography on Instagram @bazz.matt

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”