Skip to Content

Berg & Dal Rest Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Elsa

Re: Berg & Dal Rest Camp

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:30 pm

We must also remember Stoffels' last visit was in May, 4 full months ago so we don't know at this stage whether these issues have been addressed, and someone who has stayed/camped there very recently can give us feedback on progress.

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by RobertT » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Personally I would think it would be SANParks responsibility and in their interest to provide feedback and not waiting or making it another camper/ visitors responsibility to check and provide feedback? :hmz:

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 pm

This is why we ask that issues be addressed directly to the correct source where they are logged and can be dealt with by the correct channels.

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by RobertT » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:37 pm

I read they were placed through correct channels in 2015 and feedback received yet still with same issues on his last trip. I fill in the feedback after all my trips but have my doubts on whether it works as we expect. I regularly see boards up in receptions with the different percentages from the feedback for all different things in camp, I hope my feedback is not being used to measure the camp and how well it is doing. I want my feedback to prompt an action not a measure. I.e. If I complain of unit being dirty or broken door in shower or doors jamming, curtain rails falling down, it doesn't help if their percentage drops from 90 to 88 because of complaint and yet these things still remain problems.

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Well RobertT, there are different forms of feedback, for different reasons, so depends which one you choose to use.
- Dalene

Lennie Senior

Unread post by Lennie Senior » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Dalene, let us for a moment set aside the different procedures to raise a concern affecting the enjoyment visitors to KNP are entitled to in exchange for the money paid for accommodation.

The critical point here is the lack of proper maintenance and care that is supposed to be managed by B&D Camp Management which is demonstrated by the various photographs in the camping area. It is very clear from the post and photographs by Stoffel that this neglect is not just a slip up here and there, this is something that has been going on for at least two years that we know of. How is it possible in a corporate structure with regional managers, department managers, camp managers and supervisors that this deterioration could take place unnoticed ? This discussion refers to the camping area and one wonders what the situation is with other forms of accommodation.

As all participants on this forum are active supporters of Kruger National Park, it hurts to see a situation developing as described above and therefore it should be understandable that the matter is shared among members.

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by RobertT » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31 am

DinkyBird wrote:Well RobertT, there are different forms of feedback, for different reasons, so depends which one you choose to use.

I fill in feedback forms I get mailed after I return from a trip. Why have a feedback form for people to fill in if there is no corrective action to complaints? Is the one I fill in just a measuring one or do the things I mention on there get attention?

Stoffel
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stoffel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 am

I filled in the relevant form I received after my October 2015 visit. I then got reaction from from Londiwe Masondo (Customer Services Consultant - Marula Region). She also copied Peter SV Dlamini, Ncamsile Dlamini & Sonika Smith. - See my post dated Monday 12 September 2017 on this thread.

I addressed my recent complaint (of my Berg-&-Dal experience of this past May) to Londiwe Masondo and copied the other three persons that she copied in her reply to me after my October 2015 complaint. I received an aotomated reply stating that the e-mail could not be delivered to Peter SV Dlamini. Thus I accept that the others received theirs. The photos (mine, taken this past May) which Lennie Senior placed on my behalf as I was uncertain of how to place photos, was attached to my e-mail to the mentioned persons.

I am still waiting for reaction. It took 8 days the previous time (my complaint was on 26 October 2015) before I received a reply (3 September 2015) from Londiwe Masondo. I am thus still hopeful to get reaction.

To summarize - I trust I addressed my present complaint to the correct person (who reacted on my previous complaint).

And I just want to emphasize that this complaint is only about Berg-&-Dal. All the other other camps that we stayed in during our 29 night visit to Kruger, was great.

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”