Discuss the Orpen (KNP), Satara (KNP), Addo and Nossob (KTP) webcams
melph68
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Cammer of the Year (2014)

Re: Addo Mobile Cam

Unread post by melph68 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi PJL :D :D
I have just woken up and had a look through your day's sightings - and I am so impressed!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The close-ups are wonderful, especially that little kudu - so gorgeous :dance: :dance: :dance:
And of course the eland close-up means another R200 for the mobile webcam project :thumbs_up: 8)
Super well done and thanks so much to you and the cammers for posting all those fabulous pics :gflower: :gflower:
March 2012
Kruger, Karoo, Addo

PJL
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by PJL » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 pm

picnic wrote:
anne-marie wrote:Image

:lol:

:shock: Waar is die leeus? :lol:

They could have been anywhere picnic. They seem to be favouring the southern section of the park at the moment, but despite Ronnie and myself scouring all the loops on the south side we didn't find them. :(

I was in the park one year when some lion came past this lookout point. One of the cubs even started gnawing on the bench next to the sign :big_eyes:.... Not my pics, but here you are...

Addo Elephant wrote:Image

PJL
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by PJL » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm

PJL wrote:Will try and post my highlights when I have some time :thumbs_up:

I can't quite believe it's 2 weeks since heading back home, but things have been a bit busy so I'm only just getting around to posting these now... sorry it's taken ages :redface:

I believe that many of these were captured on the 'close-up' cam, but these were my favourites from the day :thumbs_up:

BBJ on Mbotyi Loop

Close-up Eland :dance:

Majestic Kudu Bull in the southern section

Ostrich on Ngulube Loop

Kudu ewe & calf - Ronnie and I were amazed they didn't bolt straight into the bushes!

Blackheaded Heron

Lizard at Jacks Picnic Site... I think this must be a relative of those stuck inside the cam housing a while back :wink:

Flightless dung beetle

Elephant near Domkrag Dam. He walked right next to my car... I could have touched him!

Pale chanting goshawk. I wasn't sure if anyone could tell from the 'close-up' cam, but it was busy eating its kill. Hard to say exactly what it had caught, but possibly a mouse of some kind.

This is a view out to Bird Island in Algoa Bay. Not only is it a breeding home for many seabirds, but apparently something of a nursery area for Great White Sharks.

Return to “Webcams”