Skip to Content

Excel checklists for Kruger

All topics and discussions with reference to birds in all SANParks
Birderalf

Excel checklists for Kruger

Unread postby Birderalf » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:03 pm

I know that there are some very useful checklists that can be downloaded from the SANParks site but these are all in pdf format. I would like to get a bird checklist in excel format or similar so that I can customise this to my own needs. Does anyone know where such a list might be obtained?

Thanks
==========================
Big Trip 2016

Jan 24 -26 Skukuza
Jan 26-29 Satara
Jan 29- Feb 1 Shingwedzi
Feb 1-4 Punda Maria
Feb 4-7 Letaba
Fen 7-9 Olifants
Feb 9-11 Skukuza
Feb 11-13 Lower Sabie
Feb 13-15 Berg-En-Dal

pnm

Re: Excel checklists for Kruger

Unread postby pnm » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 am

Hi Birderalf

I will be in KNP from 1 Feb to 26 Feb so our paths may cross. I have had the same pdf problems. I have simply made my own list, but as it is not a list that one ticks off but rather adds to it rather defeats the purpose. At the moment I use that lit then transfer to my Roberts Birds PC programme which I rather like even if it is not entirely user friendly (to me, at least; others maybe not!). I speak under correction but their is a programme that converts pdf back to Word? I may be revealing gross ignorance here! I've never done it but I did hear of some such thing. But I the end it was simply easier to make my own list. (It helps that my SO is a typing teacher).
regards
Pete
Pete

barryels

Unread postby barryels » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:21 am

Birderalf wrote:I know that there are some very useful checklists that can be downloaded from the SANParks site but these are all in pdf format. I would like to get a bird checklist in excel format or similar so that I can customise this to my own needs. Does anyone know where such a list might be obtained?

Thanks

Birderalf,

I did send you a Private message through the forums of a link to get such a list.

Hope it helps :thumbs_up: .
Always be humble and understanding

Albert
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Albert » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Birderalf wrote:I know that there are some very useful checklists that can be downloaded from the SANParks site but these are all in pdf format. I would like to get a bird checklist in excel format or similar so that I can customise this to my own needs. Does anyone know where such a list might be obtained?

Thanks

If Barry's link does not work out for you, send me a PM with your e-mail address: I can send you a copy of a spreadsheet that I created from one of the PDFs that you mention.
Searching for a Cape Eagle Owl....

Birderalf

Unread postby Birderalf » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:57 pm

barryels wrote:

Thanks

Birderalf,

I did send you a Private message through the forums of a link to get such a list.

Hope it helps :thumbs_up: .

Thanks Barry for a very useful link to the BirdLife SA site where SA lists can be downloaded - or at least they will when they have finished today's site maintenance.

I actually use some software called Wildlife Recorder from which I can create checklists for any country, which is why I was wondering if there were a more specific list for Kruger alone. Maybe I can convert the pdf instead.

Thanks again,
==========================
Big Trip 2016

Jan 24 -26 Skukuza
Jan 26-29 Satara
Jan 29- Feb 1 Shingwedzi
Feb 1-4 Punda Maria
Feb 4-7 Letaba
Fen 7-9 Olifants
Feb 9-11 Skukuza
Feb 11-13 Lower Sabie
Feb 13-15 Berg-En-Dal