Skip to Content

Game drives

Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra
Nazeem

Game drives

Unread post by Nazeem » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi there. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post haha. I'm thinking of visiting the Addo national park in the near future with my family(3 kids aged 16,14,11). I will probably be on a low budget :redface: so tent camping will do for me. My actual question and advice im seeking is about the game drives. Is it possible to do game drives in your own vehicle and how safe is it?I drive a Mercedes-Benz Vito. Any hints and tips will be much appreciated. Thanks

RemiE
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Game drives

Unread post by RemiE » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi Nazeem, and welcome to the Forum.
You will find no difficulty driving with your car in Addo as long as you keepto the speed limit. It is very safe to go there, I even find the resident elephants to be more timid than their Kruger cousins. A word of caution, there are places where you can alight from your vehicle, just keep a lookout for any dangerous animals like the lions. Addo remain one of my childhood favourites and I even recall the boards at the gates prohibiting one from taking any citrus fruits into the park and to refrain from driving over the elephant dung.......
GLORY be to God for dappled things—Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844–89).
TR: KNP Dawn to Dusk Jan/Feb 2015

Nazeem

Unread post by Nazeem » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:08 pm

RemiE wrote:Hi Nazeem, and welcome to the Forum.
You will find no difficulty driving with your car in Addo as long as you keepto the speed limit. It is very safe to go there, I even find the resident elephants to be more timid than their Kruger cousins. A word of caution, there are places where you can alight from your vehicle, just keep a lookout for any dangerous animals like the lions. Addo remain one of my childhood favourites and I even recall the boards at the gates prohibiting one from taking any citrus fruits into the park and to refrain from driving over the elephant dung.......

Thanks RemiE

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by RosemaryH » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi Nazeem - A warm welcome from me too :gflower:

To add to the advice RemiE has offered, you will find loads of advice and information regarding Addo here
Rose

Nazeem

Unread post by Nazeem » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:10 pm

RosemaryH wrote:Hi Nazeem - A warm welcome from me too :gflower:

To add to the advice RemiE has offered, you will find loads of advice and information regarding Addo here

Thanks RosemaryH :dance:

Return to “Frontier Parks”