Skip to Content

Perfect day at Cape Point?

Agulhas, Bontebok, Table Mountain, Tankwa Karoo, West Coast
jeroenvm

Perfect day at Cape Point?

Unread postby jeroenvm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:14 am

In late February I'll be visiting TMNP again, together with a first-timer. Assuming we have an early start from the city, what would be the ideal itinerary for a day on the peninsula? Interested in the fynbos so we'd stop off at the information centre, and we'll surely visit the lighthouse/viewpoint, but we're also looking for a nice (circular?) walk, perhaps a swim, and a good spot for a picnic. And, Chapman's Peak drive on the way down or on the way back? Tips appreciated!
Next Kruger trip: February 2016

saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Perfect day at Cape Point?

Unread postby saraf » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi jeroenvm,

There are definitely some circular walks you can do near the Cape of Good Hope and from the Buffelsfontein Visitor Centre. Have a look here (page 9) http://www.sanparks.org/assets/docs/e-b ... untain.pdf

I'm sure there are more details in the visitor centre. It seems that there are guided walks on some Sundays http://www.sanparks.org/parks/table_mou ... ities.php# but you'll need to phone for more information.

Don't forget the penguins at Boulders Beach.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Perfect day at Cape Point?

Unread postby Hugh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Hello there
There are plenty of walks at Cape Point . when you get to the visitors centre Ask for information A nice walk is from the bottom where the sign is at the most south westerly point Up the hill to the Restaurant Quite a steep but easy climb Do it early in the morning . You can also walk round to the lower lighthouse on the point itself Flat but with spectacular views and some interesting history Several walks on either the East or Westerly side A suggestion Why don't you book a cottage at the point , then you don't have travel far as it really needs at least two days to see everything And you can be up earlier than the day visitors and enjoy a sunrise .
I would travel to the point via Silvermine the ou Kaapse weg and go towards Fishoek then follow the sea road through to Simonstown and the Boulders and take in a few Penquins then continue to the Point . then take the West coast road back and over Chapmans peak. Happy planning
"WRINKLES
Something other people have,
similar to my character lines

Return to “Cape Parks”