Skip to Content

Roads in the Tankwa

Agulhas, Bontebok, Table Mountain, Tankwa Karoo, West Coast
Desert Glider

Roads in the Tankwa

Unread post by Desert Glider » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:32 pm

The 22nd November 2017 we ticked another park off our bucket list by visiting the Tankwa Karoo National Park. We booked 2 nights at Perdekloof campsite. As usual we were greeted with politeness and efficiency. The campsite itself is beautiful with lovely private ablutions. Some sites had trees for shade. We had a great visit and the wild life strolling past our camp was great. The downside was the shocking condition of the roads within the park itself. A planned visit to the dam was abandoned due to the corrugations which were so bad that it shook the nudge bar on our Isuzu 4x4 loose. We had planned to exit the park on the Sutherland exit but changed this idea after the experience with the corrugations on this road. We chose to exit out over Ganangas Pass which is stunningly beautiful and definitely the best choice.

shfish

Re: Roads in the Tankwa

Unread post by shfish » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks for the update Desert Glider. I know just what you mean about the corrugations - I sometimes think the Tankwa roads are more like a BMX track :) . If Kgalagadi visitors think those roads are corrugated they should experience the Tankwa :mrgreen:

MATTHYS

Re: Roads in the Tankwa

Unread post by MATTHYS » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:16 pm

I forwarded a link to your post to the SANParks Regional Communications Manager: Cape Region and she sent me this response from the Duty Manager at Tankwa National Park, Desert Glider.
Thanks to both these managers :gflower:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Tankwa National Park.
We are so glad to hear that our staff treated you with politeness and efficiency, and that you enjoyed the stay at our campsite.
However, we regret your unpleasant experience with the corrugated roads. I am happy to report that, when I was on the road yesterday (with a sedan), I saw that the municipal grader was busy grading the road in the Park. This should make life a little easier for everyone on the road :)
We hope that this was not your last visit to this unique Park!
aquila non capit muscas

Return to “Cape Parks”