Skip to Content

Kgalagadi Wilderness Camps - how are cabins assigned to

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
xelas

Kgalagadi Wilderness Camps - how are cabins assigned to

Unread post by xelas » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:28 pm

I am sure that questions was asked before so please just refer me to the right post. Anyway, how is the system of allocating the cabin to the guests: first come first choose or camp manager does it or a specific cabin can be pre-allocated via Sanparks office?!

One more week till Nossob - Grootkolk - Gharagab - Bitterpan - Kielikrankie - KTC over 11 nights.

Thanks!

Jonkers

Re: Kgalagadi Wilderness Camps - how are cabins assigned to

Unread post by Jonkers » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:35 pm

I think you get your cabin just how it fits into the reservation system.
If you book a cabin for consecutive nights in a camp you will stay in the same.
Otherwise if a specific cabin would be pre-located (on request) the system will end up with free nights and the possibility to force guests changing cabins because another booking requested your cabins location.
This is how it works for rooms in hotels / guesthouses / b&b's and I do not think the Sanparks system is different.
At the moment as was explained in another post at Urikaruus the new cabin is used for guests who can not stay in the cabin because of emergency repairs etc.
You get the accommodation you booked. If you booked the family tent at KTC it will be one of the four more or less opposite the waterhole.

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Kgalagadi Wilderness Camps - how are cabins assigned to

Unread post by Hippotragus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:34 pm

I agree with Jonkers - I think the camp attendant allocates the units to fit in with the bookings for the camp. If you are two couples, then you will usually be allocated 2 units next to each other - to make less walking around when getting together for meals, etc.

The wilderness camps are so small that I cannot see that one unit would be that much better than another - they all have views of the camp waterhole. We have stayed in units in the middle of the 4 and had lions walking right next to our unit - they do not always go past the end units!!
Malelane 12th October 2016
Skukuza 16th October 2016
Lower Sabie 17th October 2016
Skukuza 2nd-5th March 2017
Satara 5th-8th March 2017
Tamboti 8th-11th March 2017

Return to “Arid Parks”