Skip to Content

Kgalagadi: Nossob Camp

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
Farty

Unread post by Farty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:09 pm

Hey maybe we shuld remember that those children playing in that pool and maybe making a bit of noise is the future generation that will be keeping our Parks going cos they will grow to love them if their parents are taking them their so young. Tolerance is the important thing and I would rather listen to a happy child in the day than some drunken party going on to early hours in the morning and distubing my sleep so I can't get up nice and early for my first drive. Jus a thought and you can use it or loose it.

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:24 pm

Some pics I took at Nossob at the end of March on a brief visit to the camp:
Reception:

Shop:

Cottages:

Camping area:
Sawubona
Dalene

Dreamer
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Dreamer » Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 pm

A couple of pics taken at the camp. Sorry the one I think there is a similar much earlier on but I've posted it anyway

papop

Unread post by papop » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:25 pm

Need advice again...I am going to book at Nossob, we are four people. What is the best: Guest house, familly chalet, or 2 units for 2?
My question is especially about the best location in the camp, as I like remote places.
Is there any camp map?
The great feeling to come back home every time I am in South Africa

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:14 pm

Any chance you could somehow post your map on the forum, Jannie? I'm sure lots of members would find it helpful, even if it's not official! We now have "official" maps for almost all KNP camps and they are really helpful. Would be great to have official maps for the main KTP camps as well, but meanwhile ...
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town

gwendolen
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by gwendolen » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:59 am

Hi Tintin, you might like to read more about this topic in the Nossob thread, on page 2.

restio
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by restio » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:01 am

Tintin, we were in Nossob in October, and didn't notice any noise from the pool. Once or twice when we were at the pool, there were children laughing and playing, but they weren't audible unless you were actually there. The pool is surrounded by a fence, and that cuts out some of the noise. It's also stuck away in a corner of the camp - unlike the one in KTC, which is right in the middle.

I can imagine that it would get noiser in the school holidays, especially the Dec/Jan period.

But overall I think the pool is a great addition to the camp. Here are some photos of it:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Tintin

Pool

Unread post by Tintin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks Restio - first visuals I have seen of it!
What worries me is that it will be in Dec...which is school break. If you look at the camp layout..(my rough layout)
O - camp sites
X - pool
A - ablutions
------------------------------------------------------------
O - O - O - O - O - O - O -O - O - O

O - - - - O - O - O - O
O
O O - - - - - -- O - O

- - --O - - - - - - -- A
- - - O
O -O - O- O

-----------------------------------------------------------
Where would you put the X for the pool? Just trying to get a deifinate idea of where it is located?
'Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe'

Tuli / Makgadigadi Pans / Moremi - Sept
Garonga - October 2010
KTP - Dec/Jan 10

restio
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by restio » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:49 am

Tintin, Jannie (our KTP Guru and Hero) has drawn some maps of the camps, which Dianne (the wonderful web-angel) has posted on the SANParks site.

Click the map above to enlarge. The position of the swimming pool is clearly shown in the top left corner. It's near to the hangar on the airfield. If you're camping, and worried about the noise, then go for the "no number" campsites above. These are the ones that are located nearest to the Nossob-TR road, including the best one of all IMO, the one in the corner.

Be warned though - the last time we were in Nossob, hungry lions were eyeing the campers in these sites with the exact same look as a Parisian shopper selecting a fresh fish...

Hope this helps!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Return to “Arid Parks”