Skip to Content

Dry waterholes in the KTP?

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
cheetah80

Dry waterholes in the KTP?

Unread post by cheetah80 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:41 pm

I have been seeing various reports on social media lately about how a number of waterholes are dry, and have been so for a while. Does anyone have any information about whether this is true, what is the real situation (which waterholes are dry?) and if true what is going to be done about it?

isinkwe
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Dry waterholes in the KTP?

Unread post by isinkwe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:41 pm

cheetah80 wrote:I have been seeing various reports on social media lately about how a number of waterholes are dry, and have been so for a while. Does anyone have any information about whether this is true, what is the real situation (which waterholes are dry?) and if true what is going to be done about it?

In that case I shall take plenty extra beer Image I don't like water that much anyway
Isn't it just amazing how potatoes give us fries and vodka? :D The rest of the vegetables should get their act together :rtm:

So when is old enough to know better supposed to kick in ? :hmz:

barryels

Unread post by barryels » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:25 am

cheetah80 wrote:I have been seeing various reports on social media lately about how a number of waterholes are dry, and have been so for a while. Does anyone have any information about whether this is true, what is the real situation (which waterholes are dry?) and if true what is going to be done about it?

The question you raised was send through to SANParks PR for an answer :thumbs_up: .

NadiaL
Guru
Guru

Unread post by NadiaL » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi Cheetah80,

According to the three section rangers in Kgalagadi, all the waterholes are in proper working condition and not dry.
If you can kindly specify which waterholes you are referring to, I can request them to investigate it and revert back to us.

Regards,
Nadia

cheetah80

Unread post by cheetah80 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:24 pm

Thank you @NadiaL & Barryels :gflower:

Recently I had heard about Kwang being dry, and waterholes on the Bitterpan road. A bit earlier on it would seem Polentswa was dry. I never saw anyone reverting back to confirm the situation afterwords - I did not know whether this was temporary or not, hence why I am asking - especially about Kwang because I think this is the third time I read about Kwang being dry in the last month or so.

Return to “Arid Parks”