KTP Construction and Petrol stations upgrades

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
NadiaL
Guru
Guru

KTP Construction and Petrol stations upgrades

Unread post by NadiaL » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Dear valued clients,

Kindly take note that contractors are busy with renovations at Twee Rivieren and construction work at Nossob. The construction at Nossob does not only include the building of the new development, but also the refurbishment of some of the existing buildings in the camp. This will continue until end of 2017.

On 03 February 2017 TOTAL commenced with the replacement of the pumps at Twee Rivieren petrol station. If this process is a success Mata Mata and Nossob will follow suit. We will communicate the dates as soon as it is confirmed with TOTAL.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Nadia

barryels

Re: KTP Construction and Petrol stations upgrades

Unread post by barryels » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks for the information Nadia :thumbs_up: .
Always be humble and understanding.
KNP 1-6 March 2017
KTP 21-28 Nov 2017

Edwin

Unread post by Edwin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks for this information Nadia and keep us updated about the status of the construction... :?

chouboule

Unread post by chouboule » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:45 pm

Dear Nadia,
Can you tell me wherether the replacement of the petrol pumps at Nosssob is now finished? We are coming at the end of this week and were counting on Nossob to top up with gas as we will be staying at Kieliekrankie.

Many thanks,
chouboule

barryels

Unread post by barryels » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:13 am

Dear chouboule,

Although I don't think that you will have any problems with petrol I did send a message to Nadia for a reply :thumbs_up: .

It is also my opinion that the same type of tanks will be implemented at Nossob during the upgrade as was done at Twee Rivieren.
KNP 1-6 March 2017
KTP 21-28 Nov 2017

NadiaL
Guru
Guru

Unread post by NadiaL » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:51 am

Hi Chouboule,

We are still waiting for TOTAL to replace the faulty pumps at Twee Rivieren before we give them permission to start with the upgrade at Nossob. There are sufficient fuel at Nossob. Remember to fill up with petrol at Askham because there is unfortunately no petrol available at Twee Rivieren during the day (because of the faulty pump). Enjoy your stay in the park. :D

Regards,
Nadia

chouboule

Unread post by chouboule » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 am

Dear Nadia,
Sorry I was mixed up yesterday. We were counting on the petrol station in Twee Rivieren to buy fuel before going to Nossob. If the pumps have still not been replaced in Twee Rivieren, I'm not sure that we will have enough fuel after 3 days in the park (staying in KK) to get to Nossob.
When do they expect to start/ finish in Twee Rivieren? When you say there is no fuel during the day is this for both diesel and unleaded or just the unleaded which used to switch off due to the heat at around 10am?
Can you still get unleaded very early in the morning? I read between 6 and 10 is ok. Still true?
If the problem is only with unleaded we were thinking of chaning our rental car, but we have to act fast as we arrive on Friday.

Many thanks again,
chouboule

barryels

Unread post by barryels » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 am

chouboule,

Looking at Nadia's reply, it is petrol and not diesel that you will have a problem with.

If at all possible, I would suggest to change to a diesel vehicle seeing that you will stay at Kielie Krankie.
KNP 1-6 March 2017
KTP 21-28 Nov 2017

NadiaL
Guru
Guru

Unread post by NadiaL » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Dear Chouboule,

The diesel pumps work 100%, it is the petrol pumps we have problems with. At first the pumps supplied petrol up until 10h00 where after it just switched off but recently we had incidents where it switched off just after 07h00.

I can assure you park management are trying their outmost best to solve this problem. It's such an inconvenience and our guests gets the shortest end of the stick. We are totally reliant on TOTAL to fix the pumps. :cry:

Regards,
Nadia

chouboule

Unread post by chouboule » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Dear all,
Thanks for the info. We tried changing to Diesel but for the whole month it would have been 15,000 Zar more :( .
We will just buy 3 or 4 spare jerrycans. We hope that we can pay in advance and leave them with the petrol attendant at Twee Rivieren to fill for us whenever the pump works and pick them up later in the day. What a mess. At least we know there's a problem. It must be a nightmare for those poor people who didn't know and couldn't find an alternate solution. Thanks god the car is big and we'll have enough room for all the food, water and now petrol…along with all our belongings for a month in South Africa.
Should be fun,
chouboule

Jonkers

Unread post by Jonkers » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 pm

That is the spirit not to be negative even before you are at the park. :clap:

And yes I think we all hope Total solves this problem. Surely they have a solution as you can not expect everyone to fill up with unleaded when it is 'cold' enough or change to diesel. Such a huge company and not one employer knows how to fix this?
can't wait for June 2017 24 2R 25+26 Nossob 27+28 MM 29+30 KK

BDM CAPE TOWN

Unread post by BDM CAPE TOWN » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 am

Thanks Nadia for the info!
We will be in the park on Sunday and I was wondering about diesel availability at TR, so good to know there is.
Do you perhaps know the current price there per litre?
Frena pro feris teneo.
KTP Mar 2017
https://twitter.com/BryanKDM

NadiaL
Guru
Guru

Unread post by NadiaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 am

Hi Chouboule,

Thank you for your positive attitude!! You will have a great time in the park. :clap:
I'm sure if you arrange with the attendant, he will gladly assist.

@BDM Cape Town, the current price for diesel is R14.16 and for petrol R14.37

Regards,
Nadia

Return to “Arid Parks”