Skip to Content

Who will meet and greet The Plump Dude in a Red Suit in a SANPARK this year?

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)

Who will meet and greet The Plump Dude in a Red Suit in a SANPARK this year?

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 am

The December holidays are near and it is a great time to visit any of the SA National Parks. But unfortunately we have to work in December so we will not be celebrating Christmas 2017 or the New Year in any of the Parks. Who have plans to visit any of the Sanparks during the upcoming December Holidays 8) ?
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Mischief
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Re: Who will meet and greet The Plump Dude in a Red Suit in a SANPARK this year?

Unread post by Mischief » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 am

We will be definitely making a day visit trip to the Kruger Park, probably on about the 22nd
December...so we might be early for the Plump Dude in the Red Suit :dance: :dance:
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Re: Who will meet and greet The Plump Dude in a Red Suit in a SANPARK this year?

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:17 am

Should you be going on the 22nd of December Mischief – enjoy :D :thumbs_up: or any other day trip in December 8) . Perhaps you could even buy small Christmas gifts in one of the Parks shops :hmz: . When we were there in October we saw that the Skukuza shop has a “Farmers Market Stall” with a variety of jams, chutneys, pickled vegetables even pickled eggs.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:39 am

I will be looking out for the plump dude with the red suit. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

This will be my second Balule Christmas. 8) This time I will have my one daughter and SIL with me.

I will be having Hogmanay in Punda. This time it will be with two daughters and SILs.

There will be a full moon on the 31st December. I can't wait....
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 am

MM may you and your family have a wonderful time at Balule over the Christmas/New Year period and may the full moon on New-Year’s Eve ensure happy moments and memories. MM do you bake Shortbread for Hogmanay to take along to the Kruger? The Kruger National Park can be lush and green during the December holidays and sometimes the heat of the day is broken by a thundershower :dance: 8)

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:36 am

GM, shortbread, a piece of coal and a bottle of 'Glenwhatzitorother'. :wink:

My father always played the bagpipes for the expats and the boers. I think that the Glenwhatitorother had made people very merry, so everyone felt very Scottish. :wink:

Of course, Rabbie Burns was quoted at great length as the evening wore on.

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am

Enjoy your shortbread, a piece of coal and a bottle of 'Glenwhatzitorother' in the Kruger Park in December MM :D 8) . May you have many wonderful sightings and moments :cam: . In the past many Kruger travellers took cake tins filled with home baked soetkoekies and ginger snaps along for the December holidays in the Kruger Park.

A visitor to the SA National Parks would not expect snow in December as it is the height of the South African summer and it is usually sizzling hot :redface: in some of the Parks. But apparently on 7 December 1950 in Cradock near to the Mountain Zebra National Park it started snowing in the morning and the snow was 20 cm deep by 13:00. And then during the same time in December 1970 (from the 6th to the 7th) heavy snowfall apparently occurred in the Eastern Free State where the Golden Gate Highlands National Park is situated.

But it can be guaranteed that those who will be visiting the Kruger NP or the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park for the December 2017 Holidays will not encounter any snow during their December visit :D

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

That is an interesting piece of news about Mount Zebra, GM. The coldest weather I have experienced in SA has been at Golden Gate.....but certainly not in December. :big_eyes:

Return to “Chit-Chat”