Skip to Content

Chatting down by the River

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Chatting down by the River

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:34 am

Morning all.

The Cradle tray is ready with the ginger and honey. I'm afraid I also have to queue up for ginger and honey, so no bikrum, I'm afraid.

Hippotragus, I hope there are no left over aches and pains from the fall. I sometimes find that I carry a few muscles pains the next day.

Stampie, Billy, :gflower: for you both.

We had our first spring shower last night. It was lovely. 8) That gorgeous after rain smell cannot be beaten. Unfortunately my dogs did not agree and even my big, placid Duke was a mass of shaking jelly. There was also one massive electrical surge, knocking out the plug. Thankfully, the trips switched and I could turn everything back on once the storm was over.

Poor little Rosie goes in for her hip operation today. All the ligaments were torn, so it really is a mess. She is such a highly strung little animal. Kirst will be happy once she is back home.

Thank goodness I am not very busy today. After the busy strorm night with dogs and cold/flu muthi, I am not functioning on all cylinders.

I do wish you all a very pleasant and productive week. :gflower:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Mischief
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Chatting down by the River

Unread post by Mischief » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 am

Good Morning from a Thundery and Rainy White River! Yay, yay and bigger yay!
Bushveld Blend is on the bubble and buttermilk and muesli rusks in the pottery jar.
Mousey oh dear...have a dose of ginger and honey and back to bed young lady! :naughty: :naughty:

Lovely rain showers off and on here since about 2.30 am and then thunder rolling in the skies.Lovely morning noise :dance: :dance: :dance: Hope we have plenty of the wet stuff.
Sounds as though all had good weekends except for Hippotragus.Stampie glad you are on the mend.Billy hope you are feeling strong this morning.
Today I want to convert 3.5 picnic boxes/baskets into 1 usable item. Must be because we live in the Lowveld that my husband's family seem to think we spend our lives picnicking and/ or in the KNP...they have,bless them, given us every picnic type thingie they have ever bought or received some of which are quite big and cumbersome and last week when I received yet another one by courier I said to everybody...."thanks but truly now...no thanks"! So I want to take all the bits and bobs from them that we really like and put them into the sturdiest most practical container and the rest will end up going to the SPCA second hand store.True confession...For day visits,my husband and I use a small old square basket with two plastic mugs and take along our old yellow flask for water or coffee.The rest is maps binoc's and a bird,mammal book etc.

Nkulu .....whoop whoop whoop the time has arrived! Your trip to Your Happy Place. Please travel safely and have a spectacular time!I do hope you ladies have a great bush bash break :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: .

"Mischief - loslooper is hanging up to dry -- I will put a fan on your share so that it is good and properly "dead".....NICE Terry - thank you :thumbs_up:

Have a great day everybody :gflower:
Last edited by Mischief on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

billyf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by billyf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 am

Good morning all :gflower:
A choice of Cradle Coffee or Bushveld Blend this morning, I will have a mug of each thank you :thumbs_up:

Starting to feel much better, still a lingering cough, but back to business today !! lots to do before moth end, :roll:

May you all have a wonderful week :thumbs_up:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:05 am

Morning all! Tea and ginger bics in the storeroom today. Grey and dark outside and funny wet smell from the ground......had a couple of flashes of light and booming sound in the sky too.......Nothing much yet, but promises........
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Nkulu
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Nkulu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 am

Good Morning Mites, at last the time is near :dance:
Hippotragus, ouch, but hope the eye is ok? Please take care :gflower:
MM thanks for the coffee, you were so fortunate to get some wet stuff, we had thunder and 10 drops, just enough to dirty the car :doh:
Mischief have fun with the picnic hampers :lol:
billyf, do take care of that lingering cough, it will not go away without some tlc
The secret of happiness is to count your blessings, while others are adding up their troubles

Tamboti 20-25 September 2017

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 am

Good morning MM thank you for the early Monday morning Cradle Tray :gflower: and the honey and ginger for those recovering from flu our doggies were a bit grumpy this morning as if they were telling us give us biltong treats, or leave us alone it’s Monday. MM I am glad about your first Spring shower :dance: we only had a few Spring drops but they were wet I quickly ran outside to feel one of them I hope all will go well for little Rosie :k Sorry I missed the lamb potjie yesterday Matthys :gflower: and I am glad the snoek braai went well Terry 8) Hippotragus :k I hope you no aches and pains Good morning Mischief :gflower: thank you for the bushveld coffee and buttermilk rusks Good morning Billy :D I am glad that you are feeling better Stampie :gflower: are you feeling better? Maybe Hugh :gflower: will be back today Good morning GEJ :gflower: , Good morning Nkulu :gflower: Have a happy Monday everyone :thumbs_up:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 am

Good morning everyone.
It's grey, damp and drizzly again - it's been like this on and off since Thursday last week and we've gleaned 35mm in the rain gauge so far - our first proper spring rains.

Glad you're feeeling better, Billy. Hope there's not too much work to catch up.

MM, sorry that you're not feeling well now. Hope little Rosie's op goes smoothly and she recovers well.

Oh no Hippotragus. Sorry about your fall and pony stomp. Hope you're not too sore this morning and the jolt didn't upset your eye at all.

Nkulu, isn't it funny how a bit of rain makes the cars so dirty. It think you don't notice the dust when it's evenly distributed all over the car and you would think the rain would wash it off but it just makes it dirtier. Not long for you now.

Happy picnic bag sorting, Mischief. For Christmas, I was thinking of giving my daughter and DIL each a nicely equipped picnic basket but maybe I should suss out what they've already got.

Eye injection day for Mom today. Then coffee and cake afterwards.
Have a great day and start to the week, everyone.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 am

A very good morning everyone!

Very overcast and grey today with nice overnight rain!
Haven't checked the gauge yet so not sure how much we received.

Hope the surgery goes well for Rosie today MM.

Good idea to sort out the picnic boxes Mischief.

Take care Billy!

Also hugs for your Mom's with her eye procedure Stampie.

Do all have a marvelous Mondayand week. :thumbs_up:

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 am

Please feel better soon :k and Rosie too, MM.

:dance: at the rain and good for you getting rid of the white elephants, Mischief 8)

Hope you keep feeling better, Sir :gflower:

Do hope the rain will reach you too, GEJ !

at last the time is near :dance:

:dance: :dance: , Nkulu :D

Ooops at the grumpy doggies, Grantmissy :lol:

Enjoy the coffee and cake after the injection :k , Stampie.

Good morning and a good week to you and ALL, Elsa :gflower:
A temp of 28 predicted for us for today !
aquila non capit muscas

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 am

Hello all
I am back on line ..the FFC is extremely busy and I am being run of my feet . I have a lot of reading to catch up.. YTelkom came and after 4 hours saod they had fixed it all but my land libne in making strange brrr brrr noises . but that's the least of my sprries I have my forum back
Camping:-where you spend a fortune to live like a homeless person

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 am

Welcome back :dance: , Elizabeth :gflower:
We will just have to do a celebratory afternoon tea :D
aquila non capit muscas

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Welcome back Hugh. Matthys I agree let us have a celebratory afternoon tea :D . But until afternoon tea time please have a light Spring lunch everybody - Roasted Red Pepper Soup served with freshly baked Baguette and butter, a variety of brie cheeses and fresh ripe sweet pears.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:41 pm

What a perfect light Spring lunch :clap: , thanks Grantmissy :D
aquila non capit muscas

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Glad you are back Eliz, funny noise from the land line and all! :gflower:

Mischief
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Welcome back Elizabeth! :clap: :clap: We missed you.Lunch was superb Grantmissy, the soup on top of the mutton curry I have made was enough to "heat" up our day.Still heavily overcast but really only spits and spots of rain.Cool enough to actually say it is a bit cold for the Lowveld.Mischief 2 is back on the bed in favor of her summertime favorite which is the flower beds preferably in the shade.
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Return to “Chit-Chat”