Skip to Content

Companions/Extra people needed for trips.

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Shidzidzii
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Companions/Extra people needed for trips.

Unread post by Shidzidzii » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:53 am

Is anyone interested in sharing chalet accommodation and expenses for a trip of 20 days in March 2016 (40% discount season) to the Kgalagadi. Budget expenses of about R700 per day.
All aspects of the plan are open for discussion.
Reservations open 23 January.

Shidzidzii
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Kgalagadi Trip

Unread post by Shidzidzii » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:31 am

My vehicle is 4X4 (tried and tested) so all the camps are possible. March is also rain season (4X4 advisable) and traditionaly the best season for game and raptor populations (according to one Custos magazine of 1980's).

The 3 traditional camps have the most affordable (about R850 less 40%) chalets and also arguably have the best drives along the river beds therefore propose to spend most nights there. Nossob needs at least 7 days in my opinion. Twee Rivieren is nice to stay on arrival and before departure too. Mata-Mata is best for Cheetah.

The wilderness camps also each deserve a short, even overnight visit . They are more expensive at about R1300 (less 40% weeknights) and that is why a shared trip could be very viable (it really is just too much expense for a single person - but I am going nevertheless and I have left 2015 until too late to find accommodation. Kalahari tented camp has no discount so that is best for a full weekend - my brother saw the male lion at the waterhole on the morning they were leaving.

That is my ideal, could even need an extra week.

I will be coming direct from a January and February 2016 trip spent at the Cape parks (and this year Kruger August to November) so my spotting and identifying skills will be sharp for this trip.

jandaniel

Travelpartner Kruger arpund 6-12 July 15

Unread post by jandaniel » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi there

I traveling for a few weeks in southern Africa and will arrive in Johhannesburg the 4 July. I would like to go to Kruger NP for a few days around the 6 -12 July. Im quite flexible with the starting day. I would love to share a car or also go by bus/train with some others...
Is there someone out there to join and having a good time?
I'm swiss guy, 30 years (feeling bit younger ;-)) and i have a 2-3 person tent.
Let me know as soon as possible...

Return to “Chit-Chat”