Skip to Content

Chatting under the shade of the big tree

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Chatting under the shade of the big tree

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 am

Morning all.

The Cradle tray is ready. I have added ginger and honey for the sickies. We had a shower last night so it is fresh and the crickets are singing their crickety hearts out. 8)

Chirinda, that looks just beautiful. I am sure that everyone was very happy with it.

GM, Holly looks absolutely adorable. That face is precious.

I had a super day with Shell yesterday. We took the dogs for a walk to the river and they had a fantastic time. Desi jumped into the rather smelly water and was in her element. On the way back we encountered a scrub hare, which gave the dogs a bit of a run. (I had no worries about the catching it) :wink: We also found a really large patch of Cape Gooseberries. Some were already ripe, which rather surprised me.

Today is dentist day. I am not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to freshly cleaned teeth.

Enjoy the coming week and take care :gflower: .
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Chatting under the shade of the big tree

Unread post by Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:31 am

Good morning 'mites :D

Thanks for the cradle tray MM :gflower: .Need that caffeine today!

Chirinda the flower arrangement is so beautiful, you are really talented! :gflower:

Holly is so sweet looks as if she is fitting in well into her new home :dance:

All that are still not feeling well, hope you all get well soon :k

Enjoy the new week everyone :thumbs_up:
The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author unknown

Mischief
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:48 am

Morning all the Marvellous Mites
Thanks for coffee Ms Mouse. How is Mel fairing ? Good luck at the dentist. You are brave :k
Chirinda your flowers really looked great,well done :clap: :clap:
GM...Holly is just precious,hugs and loves to her and Griffen
Hubby's back is much better thank you,some straight bed rest helped as well.
Yesterday was hooooooomid, I can do heat but hooomidity :roll: :roll: it was veddy sticky and close. No rain in sight to relieve the situation although today is cooler.
Elizabeth glad the Carol service went well.Not long now and you get too see the family. You must be excited.Will somebody be in to stay with the hounds,Paddy and Oor Wullie? :o

Mischief 2 has an 8 appt with Vet for her monthly joint pain relief jab. :big_eyes: :big_eyes:

Have a magic Monday :gflower:
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

billyf
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by billyf » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 am

Good morning mites, wishing you all a Rosy Monday :gflower:
Thanks for the coffee Ms Mouse, and good luck with the dentist, soon you will be dazzling us with those pearly whites :D

After some lovely soft rain yesterday morning, it looks as if we will be back to the sedoos this week :roll: , hopefully it benefits the summer rainfall areas !!

Elizabeth, the excitement and anticipation must be mounting, when do you leave??
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:20 am

Morning all! Storm and lashings of rain last night.....after I watered the garden again late afternoon!!! Sunny now with hot day predicted.
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Nkulu
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Nkulu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 am

Good Morning Mites, wishing you a very Good day and even better week
Thanks for the coffee Ms Mouse, especially welcome on a Monday :)
The secret of happiness is to count your blessings, while others are adding up their troubles

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:31 am

Good Morning MM thank you for the early morning Cradle Tray and Christmas mince pies :gflower: may you teeth be brightly sparkling like a sting of pearls after the dentist visit Hugh I am glad that you enjoyed the Christmas Carol evening with sherry 8) they say that should a person receive all of the gifts listed in "The Twelve Days of Christmas" carol a person would have received 364 Christmas presents Matthys may the home made bottles of Apricot jam be first prize winners 8) Stampie I was also wondering :hmz: about the papaya pips I thought that Matthys wanted to use the pips to grow three Struisbaai pawpaw trees Good morning Trrp how is the weather in Cape Town today we had some light rain during the night Good morning Mischief I am glad that your husband’s back is better may it heal fully soonest say regards to little Mischief and good luck with her appointment with the Vet, Good morning Billy on a Rosy Monday here the traffic is a bit better now that the schools have closed for the December holidays I am glad that you received some rain may the sedoos bring us more rain perhaps the drought is starting to fade and our normal rainfall patterns are starting to return :pray: Carol I can smell haddock bubbling in milk for breakfast :D Good morning Nkulu and Good morning everybody :gflower:
Last edited by Grantmissy on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Carol g » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:40 am

Good morning everyone :gflower:

Thanks for the cradle tray MM soooo nice as usual :k

My neice came to fetch her little escape artist at about 10 yesterday morning so I coul then relax and not worry about it getting out :doh:
We went for a lunch braai at friends yesterday only got home at 6 , when I wanted to log in I realized I'd forgotten to charge my tablet so no forum time :cry:

Chirinda those flowers are too beautiful :dance:

GM little Holly is so super cute :k

Hi Nkulu, GEJ, billyf, Mischief and all still to come :gflower:

GA and HA is here today so I'd better go and find my pointy stick :lol:

The brekkie is ready so please all help yourselves

Have a lovely day ALL :gflower:
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:11 am

Morning all
Sunny day today with a light breeze blowing .
Bust day running around today. the th Doc for the real one ( just to get a repeat prescription ) then a hair reconstruction for me short back and sides. then its some shopping for the daughter and her list is growing then a choir practise this afternoon latish
Ta for the cradle tray Mouse . I noticed that desi and micci were licking lips when I went to get my rusk.
Mischief so you have to take the Mischief 2 to the vet I must take mine on Wednesday and Oor wullie moans all the way there and back . Is Mischief a good girl ?
GM who looks after Holly when you all go to work ? if she need a puppy sitter I would love that job.
Carol ta for the brekkie and do be careful with that pointy stick .
Nkulu so its Monday again cheerup its on its way to Friday again .. the days just fly by
GEJ your garden must be looking so nice and green Have you any plants in it . ? does the complex have a garden service for the grass?
Morning Trrrpy and Pheeeelip .
Mouse have fun at the dentist soon you will have all your friends saying My her teeth are so white how does she do it ... ??
Sir is it back to work again for you .. and I bet your beaches are beginning to fill up with the holiday folk .
11 o'clock tea is the usual time of 11 o'clock nany suggestions where it should be held today .. maybe at GEJs place so we can admire the well watered garden
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth, think of algebra … !!!!!

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 am

Yep, gardening services do the lawns and trim the edges perfectly. They also trim back bushes etc if wanted. It is also possible to ask for more things to be done if one pays extra. Garden looking a bit bare as the landlady removed sweet peas and some violets while I was away (they were past their best). Roses still blooming intermittently though, lavender, feverfew, small carnations, etc....... Next year when I spend more time here I will start to plant some things myself.
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

Hugh they are staying in the house during the day HA is there from Tuesdays to Thursdays it is only Mondays and Fridays that they are alone during the day in the house but we never had problems. My neighbour has a key for our house and she lets them out at around midday on those days and we look after her dogs when they are away. When we go away we have a retired couple living in our home for the entire period.

In the older days there were no modern dentistry science that we have today even toothpaste of magical proportions that I see on tv that if you use it your teeth becomes so white that others around you must wear sunglasses but in the old days the folk in the Dorpe even had to come up with their own remedies I remember mother always had a glass bottle of Scrubbs cloudy ammonia in the house for cleaning purposes but also to soak tired feet in warm water and with a little ammonia added. See you all for 11 o’clock morning tea. Perhaps Mischief is back by then then we could go the Lowveld for tea. Good morning GEJ it sounds like a peaceful and pleasant garden that you have in the complex.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Philip1
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2016)
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2015)
Award: Musketeer of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Philip1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:15 am

:gflower: Good morning Mites. :D

images (2).jpg

...to all. :dance:
"Lose yourself in Nature and find Peace!" (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
UNITE AGAINST POACHING...What we protect,
do not let poachers take it away!

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am

A very good morning everyone!

We had such vivid lightning last night that I had to shut the computer down so didn't get a chance to come by and have a chat.
The set up we have now is more susceptible to lightning than our previous one and I would hate it to blow up seeing as we had so much trouble getting it! :roll:

I must also congratulate you on the beautiful flower arrangement chirinda! :clap:

and I am sure you are enjoying that little cutie Holly GM. 8)
good to have neighbours to help out.

Got a mountain of work done yesterday with the help of the kids, but don't talk about tired by last night, could barely walk!! :whistle:

Sure Mischief2 will feel better after her shot at the vets.

Now I should get on with the Monday chores so do all have a marvelous Monday and week ahead. :thumbs_up:

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 am

Well, I wrote a nice long hello to everyone but it vanished and I got a general error in its place so it's just a quick wish for everyone to have a rosy, merry Monday and hope that this posts.

By the way, I seem to have to keep on logging in all the time now. Does anyone else have this problem?

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Crested Val » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:52 am

Morning all.

Thanks for the tray MM and glad you enjoyed your mother daughter day. Good luck with the dentist.

Beautiful flowers Chirinda...... you are indeed talented!!!

Holly is a cutie.

Hope all goes well for Mischief2.

Not long now Elizabeth....... on real count down.

Thanks for brekkie Carol.

Day Centre today for Richard. Cait will be here soon to get him ready!!! So some “me” time!!!

Have a super day all!!! :gflower:

Return to “Chit-Chat”