Skip to Content

Chatting around the camp fire

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
onewithnature
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Chatting around the camp fire

Unread post by onewithnature » Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 am

Hugh wrote:GM I will ask OWN to help me stock up in the FFC He may have some good ideas and new pillies for us .

Elizabeth, just tell me your addictions ... uhhhhhh ... needs, and I'll see what I can do. :twisted: The most important foundation, though, is that four-letter word that few people are actual willing to do: REST! Customers regularly tell me how they need a miracle cure no later than immediately, with no actual involvement from them at all. Remember what your mommy told you, I tell them: stay in bed, rest, stay warm, rest, drink lots of fluids, and rest. Siggghhhhh. Which is why I will never be rich - I'm too honest! :twisted:

Good very early morn to everyone, and may you all have a blithe and productive week.
:gflower:
EVERYBODY'S TR!
TR: A NEW DAY IS S-OWN
TR: NECTAREAN NICETIES OF THE NORTH
TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Re: Around the camp fire for a chat

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Mon May 29, 2017 4:16 am

Morning all.

OWN, nice to see you around again. 8)

I have the kettle on and the tea/coffee/cream/honey and rusks are ready.

COS, that really is so beautiful. 8)

Foxy, I am really very anxious about what is happening in Irene. I went onto EWN when I woke up and there was still no news.

GEJ, I hope your mom gets better soon. Also a :gflower: for you.

I have a very busy day today. My new tablet arrives, it is being delivered to work. :dance: :dance: :dance: The old one died a sudden death about a year into its existence. Vodacom tried to resuscitate it, but it has never been the same. In the afternoon I will be meeting my daughter for her second bridal fitting.

Well, I do wish you all a good day and a good week ahead. :gflower:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Philip1
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2016)
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2015)
Award: Musketeer of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Philip1 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 am

:D Good morning OWN :thumbs_up: and MM :gflower:
Thank you for the :lotsocoffee: MM. :)
:gflower: May this new week bring Love, Joy and Blessings to all. :gflower:
"Lose yourself in Nature and find Peace!" (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
UNITE AGAINST POACHING...What we protect,
do not let poachers take it away!

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

billyf

Unread post by billyf » Mon May 29, 2017 5:26 am

Good morning mites, may this week be good to you :gflower:
Thanks for the Cradle coffee and rusks Ms Mouse, may the new tablet be more reliable :thumbs_up:
Good morning OWN, Philip and all still to surface, good night COS, lovely view :)

Hope your mother gets well quickly GEJ :pray:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Nkulu
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Nkulu » Mon May 29, 2017 6:03 am

Good Morning Early Birds and all still to follow, have a Happy day :gflower:
GEJ :gflower:
MM, thanks for my caffeine :k
I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me

Pretoriuskop 16-17June 2017
Tamboti 18 - 19 June 2017
Satara Camping 22-25 September 2017

Mischief
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Mon May 29, 2017 6:26 am

Morning all the Marvellous Mites
Thanks for coffee MM.Wow the wedding is sure getting closer quickly.Are all your children living overseas coming for the wedding?
OWN .... I am confused :doh: :doh: :doh: Do you work nights?

Have a Magic Monday everybody!

image.jpeg
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Mon May 29, 2017 6:30 am

Morning all! Tea and ginger bics in the storeroom today. Have a couple of days here between camps. Will need to wait until later for news of my mom - my sister is the one in contact.
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 am

Good very early morning OWN stunning view CoS! Good morning MM thank you for the early Monday morning coffee and rusks Good morning Philip may this new week bring Love, Joy and Blessings to you and Trrp too Good morning Billy I really enjoyed the evening in the Wild Bill Pub on Friday evening, however I woke up very late on Saturday morning wearing strange black pantoffels anyway what shall we do Good morning Nkulu, Good morning Mischief Good morning GEJ may your Mother be well soon Good morning everybody Hugh and Mischief shall we have 11 o’clock morning tea in Bloemfontein today I will bring a savoury ham and cheese tart.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Mischief
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Mon May 29, 2017 7:19 am

Do go to the Poll thread and vote for your favorite picnic sites in the Kruger National Park.
Grantmissy I like that plan for tea.I am making avo and bacon sarmies ...plenty of realky lovely creamy Avos around right now.Will also bring a beeg jug of fresh orange and naartjie juice.
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Foxy
FAC Member (2016)

Unread post by Foxy » Mon May 29, 2017 7:52 am

Good morning everyone

Cold breeze blowing this morning ...... I guess winter is here :wall: :wall:

My poinsettia is looking beautiful with all the red flower shining brightly in the weak sun - I hope the frost does not zap it. :roll: The one tree has lost all it's leaves, but that fine, now we can watch the birdies for a few months.

OWN good to see you around.

MM is up very early - need to give her an alarm clock permanently set for 5am. :twisted:

Elizabeth, hope you feeling better.

Wishing you all have a great day.

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Mon May 29, 2017 8:30 am

Good morning all.
It's a lovely morning here although there are a couple of lurking clouds. GA has arrived but received message from HA saying that protesters have blocked her way so she can't make it. No idea what they are protesting about.

Sage advice, OWN, and not one that is always easy to follow in these days of busy-ness. I must say my bed was very inviting this morning. I could do with another Sunday instead of a Monday.

MM, sounds like you've got an exciting day to look forward to what with wedding dress fittings, new tablets, etc. Enjoy!

Foxy, I love the bare silhouettes of winter trees. We don't get too many around here.

GM, what were you doing nicking those black pantoffels!! I think we'll have to put you in the naughty corner.

We had a family supper over the weekend and played pick-up-sticks afterwards. Of course Tyler wanted to play too, and it became very useful to give him a turn whenever we got stuck in an impossible spot. He would disrupt everything and make it a little easier to carry on with the game. Of course we gave him a huge cheer whenever he picked up his stick and he was mightily pleased with himself.

Wishing everyone a good start to a good week.

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Chatting around the camp fire

Unread post by Hugh » Mon May 29, 2017 12:02 pm

Morning all
Bit late this morning but better late than never
OWN I too believe in a good rest and something warm to drink and its amazing how well one feels
My last little trippy to hospital I was asked umpteen times did I want something for pain ( they had something really mean if I wanted it only given through the IV ) or something to sleep . I never had any and pain was there but after the op pain was gone . Too many muthis are given out these days and OWN you will never get rich.Even my grandies ask for pain muthi if they bump themselves . I keep panado in the cupboard and it often expires !!
Now the tea in Bloem was great and the eats really nice I wonder where Carol is she must be back from Ngwenya by now .
COS your weekend break should be over by now we must all join you on another break soon.
GM return those pantoffels to the rightful owner at once !!!!!
Mouse enjoy the fitting with Daughter and maybe take in a nice cup of coffee somewhere afterwards. Did you sort Micci out ?? :?
Hello Pheeeelip and Alet and Sir and Foxy and Nkulu and and
Now its mid day
the real one is doing steak green beans and a creamy mustard sauce I am now hungry . I have declared the cough and cold over ... now I must build up my strength again ..
Poor Dorothy's leggy is still a bit sore but that is not stopping her raiding the compost heap to see what vrot delicacies I threw there this morning
Camping:-where you spend a fortune to live like a homeless person

Cape of Storms
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Award: Sighting of the Year - Predator (2015)

Unread post by Cape of Storms » Mon May 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Morning to another week. May is about to bite the dust and June is almost here. That means my countdown is almost down to a month. Touch down in CT is july 6! We are packing up this morning and heading home after a wonderful weekend of family time. Hubby has to travel for two weeks on Tuesday. We hate it and try make special family time before he goes. Fortunately he only has to do it maybe once a year where as before moving it was every 8 weeks. Have an awesome start to the week everyone!
Trip Report July 2015 African Sky Blue, Will you bless my life?

It will be two years since our last visit, 2017 Trip is booked 8)
24 Jul LowerSabie
25-27 Jul Biyamiti
27-31 Jul Orpen
31 Jul - 2 August Shimiwini
2-4 Aug Satara
4-7 Aug Olifants

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Mon May 29, 2017 5:38 pm

IMG_7167.JPG

My view on the way home just now. No idea where the rainbow came from as we haven't had any rain. The dark clouds were actually smoke drifting across from a big fire. It was all very dramatic looking.

Glad you're feeling better, Hugh. Coughs seem to have a nasty habit of lingering.
I used to have a big bottle of special muthi when my kids were little. It was water with a bit of sugar, a bit of salt and blue food colouring. A spoonful of that cured all ills. I'm also one for avoiding medicines. I'd rather go the alternative route if necessary, although it's very seldom necessary, thank goodness.

COS, your countdown is getting shorter and I bet excitement levels are rising. Once hubby gets back from his business trip, it'll be just around the corner. I'm sure your family here are just as excited. Time to start making lists and getting everything prepared.

billyf

Unread post by billyf » Mon May 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Good evening, pub's open , a bit late, but being typical Capies, we tend to always be a bit slow :tongue:

Flippen Nice delivered the snacks, the pub is sparkling as usual, just awaiting your presence !!

So its"clink" time, and have a good evening everybody :gflower:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Return to “Chit-Chat”