Skip to Content

Chatting under the shade of the big tree

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
MATTHYS

Re: Chatting under the shade of the big tree

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 am

and got it on the line and can you believe, just as I sat down to catch up on the news, the rain started again.

Ouch, Stampie :doh:
Struisbaai sounds just perfect, Matty except for the fierce wind which I don't like but I know you do.

I love it here :D but the wind must be a pain for the campers.

it is a stunning black and white photograph of the Fisherman Cottage in Hotagterklip 8) and the Geelstertfees sounds great.

:thumbs_up: Grantmissy :D and yes, pancakes for tea time would be lovely 8) Perhaps that might bring the much needed rain :k

I will have to send my kids up your way, once they get stuck in and there's no stopping them! :wink:

:clap: for them and a very happy birthday to your boys :gflower: , Elsa.
aquila non capit muscas

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

Hello all Just in time for that gorgeous tea . Hope fully where its cool Its a scorcher here today and I am dripping .No sedoos today
.Dog park was great All the usual doggies there and mostly Daddies today
Carol I would just take out the scissors and make a fringe !!!!! phew thank goodness Beagles don't need grooming and don't need baths either they are not smelly
PNF you did have good rain.. lucky you . I am sure the place is looking good . what is "Green" one of the 50 shades of khaki well that all we have here at the moment
Mischief x2 and how was the hair repair?
This weather is not good for allergies and my eyes are watering and nasal passages burning ... I must be using my nasal spray all wrong !! I sent Matthysie a video clip of how to use a nasal spray .. now I know what the problem is . She or mouse or Val will have to explain . don't know how to get it onto the thread
GM my naughty beagle peed on my floor this morning .. and I too stepped in it .. and also said a dirty word ( but as this is a family forum wont repeat it)
GEJ and Elsa soon you will be all packed out .. and both your gardens will look great
Just over one week left and we are off to much cooler climates it was -5 there this morning oh so nice .
I will be able to sing that Christmas Carol "see amid the winters snow"
Tea time over off to thik of what to do for lunch
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth, think of algebra … !!!!!

Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Carol g » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:21 am

Hi everyone :gflower:

It's tea time, I've brought back a savory tart and a milk tart from Woolies for you all please enjoy :dance:

PNF rain there by you :dance: :dance: :dance: Looks like it's just us and the Cape where it struggles to rain, the heavy clouds come up and the disappear again :wall:

Hi Stampie, yes I hope we do recognize glam Mischief after her hair repair :lol:

Hi Elsa my goodness all those empty boxes and then still some :doh: never mind all will be done soon :k happy birthday to your boys :k

Hi GEJ and Nkulu and GM and Cos and Terry :gflower:

Matty Struisbaai sounds the ideal place to be, I am on my way to holiday with you and DDG :lol:

Hi Hugh just in time for tea I see :k
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Just over one week left and we are off to much cooler climates it was -5 there this morning oh so nice .
I will be able to sing that Christmas Carol "see amid the winters snow"

:D Elizabeth :dance:
Just spray behind both your ears :lol: :lol: !

I am on my way to holiday with you and DDG :lol:

:dance: Just bring lots of tarts and treats with you, please Carol :wink:
We don't have a Woolies near :lol: !
aquila non capit muscas

Carol g

Unread post by Carol g » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Ok Matty I will buy all the cakes and tarts that Woolies have, we can put them in the deep freeze and take out a couple every day :dance: :dance:
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Now THAT is a good plan :clap: , Carol :dance:
aquila non capit muscas

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Crested Val » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks Mischief for the coffee, and Carol for brekkie and the savoury and milk tart!!! :gflower:

Oops for the puddle GM.

Still trying to help you folk without rain but doing my famous dance!!! :whistle:

Thanks for the link Matty. :clap:

Enjoy lunch with Kirsty MM.

Stampie the washing story has been part of my life since I can remember.............peg it out, bring it in, peg it out!!!!

Elsa, you will get there......just take it a day at a time.

Elizabeth...not long to go now!!!!

Hello to all I have not yet mentioned here.

Hope you all have a good day. :k

Carol g

Unread post by Carol g » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi Val :k

It's almost tea time, chocolate cake served, help yourselves and enjoy :dance:

Mischief
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:50 pm

It is cool,pleasant and still dribbling here
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

billyf
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by billyf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Good evening mites, its finally cooling down to a mild 32C :roll:

The pub has open for some time but nobody has arrived - so a virtual "clink" everybody :gflower:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:58 pm

A bit late but *clink* Billy.

GM, I'm not a pancake maker so I got my daughter to whip us up a batch. She's been the expert pancake flipper ever since she learnt at brownies.

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Sir I was there but was sitting in the fridge . Its was really hot and hoooomid today .
Mischief can I came and visit you with Oor wullie we are hot ... He had sat under the same bush in the shade all day .. now he is in he is trying to find a spot that's cool .. poor little.... sorry fat thing. the hounds will as usual be sleeping in our room where is so cool . Oor wullie could join us but then he would want his sand and the dogs think the sand is a cookie jar full of treats.
I have made some nice iced tea met ys . and the choccie drink is cold . milo is cold
night night all see you in the morning
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth, think of algebra … !!!!!

Cape of Storms
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Award: Sighting of the Year - Predator (2015)

Unread post by Cape of Storms » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Girls felt up to school today so it was back to house cleaning and sorting for me. Been a busy day.

Last night the moon was pretty big and it was the first clear night to try get a picture

Trip Report July 2015 African Sky Blue, Will you bless my life?

“Safari life makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne — bubbling over with heartfelt gratitude for being alive.”Karen Blixen

Mischief
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 am

Morning all the Marvellous Mites :gflower:
The Bushveld Blend is brewing and the rusks are in the blik.

Some soft rain overnight and a little more predicted today.White River has had 38 mm in the last 48 hours. :dance: :dance:
Happy Nkulu day! :k :k Mischief is still lying the lizzy on the wall.Although last night she did sleep at the end of the bed.Finally this terrible night shift over and hopefully hubby does not have to work another one before the factory shutdown :dance: :dance:

Elizabeth you are welcome to visit with Oor Wullie.Give him kisses from us.Bring your anti histamines. We have some real throat grabber irritants around at the moment.
CoS great pic of the moon thank you.We have had clouds most of this week so not much chance to see it.Hope the girls are feeling stronger

Have a fabulous Friday everybody :gflower: :gflower:
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 am

Morning all.

Thank you for the Bushveld blend Mischief. :D That went down with much satisfaction. It is good that hubby can be free of his worst shift.

Stampie, the rain was bad timing for your mom's comforter. Those are Murphy moments. We found Cape Gooseberries on one of our walks recently. The sweetest that I have ever tasted. I also love Mango...remember the days of the stringy mango. My mother made us eat it in the bath.

Carol, Yorkies really are characters. You might have some interesting pet sitting moments.

GM, how is little Holly?

I had a super lunch with Kirst. She showed me a photo of some eco bricks that they had made and turned into a really lovely table. I am trying so hard to be plastic free, but it just fails all the time, so I am going to turn my failure into a project. From today I am starting to make eco bricks for an outside plant stand and feral cat shelter.

I love the concept of eco bricks. I was thinking that it could become a way to clean up our river after rains.

http://www.ecobricks.org/

I need to be off fairly early today. I do wish you all a wonderful day. :gflower: :gflower:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Return to “Chit-Chat”