Skip to Content

Chatting down by the River

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Mischief
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Chatting down by the River

Unread post by Mischief » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:24 am

Morning all the Marvellous Mites
Mousey thanks for the Cradle tray.Glad your trip to and from Pretoria was relatively uneventful.
Lovely start to the day with a full bush bird chorus. Wonder if the real one is on his way...think their song is to welcome him here!
Elizabeth enjoy your me time but with 3 doggies and 1 kitty not much of me time is it ?
It appears they were able to get all the fires out or under control by last night but unfortunately an elderly gentleman of 83 died due to smoke inhalation :( :( :( .
Elsa very interesting topic on Wills ....Ours needs to be updated so if there are any interesting tips or new legal facts, please do share with us. It really is great that you have all these interesting and meaningful activities ( even Happy Hour) going on in your little community.
Terry ...wow first do the cordless drill work and in rest periods your Travel Report and over weekends you can concentrate on losloper biltong! :twisted: :twisted:
Jip a dentist visit is also on the cards for me ....trying to delay it for as long as possible which is just silly really.
Hope all the sickies are feeling so much better today.
Nkulu only 6 more sleepies till you 2 ladies hit the road Yay! :dance: :dance:

Have a tremendous Thursday everybody!
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

billyf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by billyf » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:55 am

Good morning mites :gflower:

Thanks for the Cradle Coffee and rusks Ms Mouse, really helps one start the day :D
Still not recovered from the Flu Bug, will spend the day indoors as some fresh winds are expected !!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Nkulu
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Nkulu » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:29 am

Good Morning Early Birds, Late night Owl (COS) and all still to follow, please have a good day / night :gflower:
Ms Mouse that coffee was just perfect thanks
Mischief the excitement is now starting with a vengeance and Amanda is like a child on Xmas eve :lol:
Hippotragus take care of that eye
To all the sickies, woofies (coughing) and sneezies, take care and get well soon, this bug is nasty.

Funny-coffee-cartoon.jpg
The secret of happiness is to count your blessings, while others are adding up their troubles

Tamboti 20-25 September 2017

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 am

Morning all! Tea and ginger bics in the storeroom. Getting up time delayed because falling asleep time was delayed too! But another hot sunny day on the cards for this part of the world. Must really try to get the back broken of the work here today.......and my back tells me I am doing it!!!!!
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:51 am

Good morning MM the poster of the Saffie in Miami!! :lol: :lol: Good morning Mischief it is indeed wonderful to start the day with a full bush bird chorus Good morning Billy sorry about the flu bug it takes time to fully recover Terry enjoy your snoek braai! Up here in Gauteng we also get the frozen ones and Saffies love a snoek braai which reminds us who live inland of the sea. The Citizenry of the Cape has a nice saying “slaat my dood met ‘n pap snoek!” when taken by surprise which could mean “well, knock me over with a feather!”. CoS is snoek available in Seattle? Good morning Nkulu enjoy the excitement for your return to your beloved Kruger National Park Apparently during World War II when everything was scarce snoek was shipped to England from South Africa and canned but it was not popular as the people believed snoek was best left swimming in the sea. It is told that a tin of snoek cost 1s 4d during wartime and towards the end of the war the many unsold tins were relabelled as “selected cuts of tinned fish for cats and kittens” and the tins were sold for 10p. I suppose people enjoy food that is familiar to them :hmz: . Good morning GEJ in the storeroom and good morning everyone take care of your back Hugh it is a nice photograph of you wearing the beanie and the scarf that you knitted amongst the pretty flowers. I will bring us a chocolate and caramel fridge tart for 11 o’clock morning tea.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Foxy
FAC Member (2016)

Unread post by Foxy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:45 am

Good morning everyone

32 deg C here today, a bit cooler than KNP. :think:

I see it is seafood day here today - I guess a lot of garlic as well :roll: -I think I will just disappear until tomorrow. Maybe I will join Queen Elizabeth as she has banned garlic from Buckingham Palace kitchens :lol: :lol:

Hope you all have a great day.

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:59 am

Matthys - Went to the fish shop in Oudtshoorn and found a nice sized frozen Snoek (the things are usually so big two of us will eat off them for a month) so as Sunday guess what we will be having.

Yumm, Terry 8) ! Do you ever make smoor snoek with the leftovers from the braai ? :D

:lol: @the poster, MM !

Good that they managed to control the fires, Mishief and sad about the man that died :(

A please feel better soon hug for you, Sir :k

Love your "mugging", Nkulu :lol:

Careful with your back, GEJ :k

The cats and kittens must have had a feast, Grantmissy 8)

Rrrunnn, Foxy ...rrruunnn ! :lol:

Good morning and a happy day to ALL :gflower:
aquila non capit muscas

Oumie
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Oumie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:49 am

Good morning :D
Not having any time to visit the "forum" :(
Busy packing for the big move.....sorting...turfing..giving away....geez lots of work :shock:
It looks like a hurricane have hit my house....boxes and stuff all over :lol:
Already some domestic arguments :wink:

Will try to be on the forum from time to time :D
Reservation for 2018 made :dance:

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am

Ouch at all that work :slap: , but great to see you here :D .
Good morning, Oumie !
aquila non capit muscas

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:46 am

Sending thoughts your way Oumie......as I am in the same state!
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

PNF
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by PNF » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi everyone! A wee bit on the warm side here in Shingwedzi - 35C when I last looked :roll: The campsite is very empty and will be for the next couple of days - all of us have to be out before Monday because of the Concert in the Park. No outsiders are allowed to stay overnight during this time - day visitors only. And as next week is "Free visit to SANPark" week there may be a possibility that the concert goers may get a lot of visitors during the day :hmz:
Sunday we move up to Punda - looking forward to that but also sorry to leave Shingwedzi.
Here's something to get you all thinking: As you campers know - the best places for "serious" discussions regarding perplexing problems are either the camp kitchen (whilst washing up) or the Ablutions (whilst cleaning teeth :doh: ) a recent visit to one of these places revealed a very serious topic: Why are men's washbags so small and neat whilst the ladies have to carry around a mini-suitcase? Of course, there were several theories but the consensus at the end was : because the woman has to carry around all the **** (medication/aftershave etc.)that a man doesn't want in his washbag.......
What think you???

On that note ( :twisted: ) Have a good one all!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Shingwedzi 30 Aug - 16 Sep 2017
Punda Maria 16 Sep - 23 Sep 2017

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 pm

What think you???

:lol: I go with the concensus, PNF !
Enjoy having the almost empty camp terrain 8)
aquila non capit muscas

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm

A very very late good afternoon everyone! :doh:

Goodness, where has the day gone? :?

Just been a busy involved type of day one way or the other!
First the presentation on wills, what a stunning and delicious spread they put on for us as well. 8)
and then had a visit from a financial advisor, just to make sure we can still have some more Kruger visits in the future, my high priorities, fortunately he is also a passionate Kruger lover so was easy to do! :clap:

We have friends who are going to the concert in Shingwedzi, will be in the park currently.
Enjoy your trip further PNF and the hide in Punda!

Eliz has asked to me send lots of :k to everyone but her internet is down, hopefully not for too long!

Please enjoy what is left of your Thursday!

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:08 pm

You did have an interesting and lovely day, Elsa :D !
just to make sure we can still have some more Kruger visits in the future, my high priorities, fortunately he is also a passionate Kruger lover so was easy to do! :clap:

:dance: :dance:

Do hope Elizabeth will be connected soon :k
aquila non capit muscas

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 pm

PAPA SMURF wrote:Mischief -- Watch out with those deadlines -- it may be a toss up between a trip report or loslooper biltong -- whatever may take my fancy??

No TR yet :( so... am hoping for loslooper biltong for snacks for tonight :wink:

Good evening and *clink* ALL :gflower:
With Elizabeth not connected yet :k , I actually polished the glasses :shock: myself tonight !

Do miss you and Stampie here, Sir :gflower:
aquila non capit muscas

Return to “Chit-Chat”