Biyamiti Bush Camp Sightings - May & June 2006

Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks
arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:18 am

Hi Stephen:

Your reports always make me so :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

It was great to meet you and I really enjoyed my stay at Biyamiti, even tho I missed out on seeing any leopards there — clearly bad timing, given how many you've seen since! It really can be hard to see "through" that thick vegetation from a small car, but I saw plenty despite that. I'll never forget that purple-crested lourie that dive-bombed me right outside my bungalow — and me without my carmera :roll: But what a beautiful bird! I remind myself that you can't photograph everything and it can also be nice to have special memories that aren't photos :wink:

I know now why people find Biyamiti so special: It has an ambiance that is very different from any other KNP camp I've stayed at, more like visiting a friend's private camp — the welcome is so warm and personal. You definitely have a very special group there! My best to Ezekiel, Jerry and Benjy!

I do envy those lucky enough to visit you annually or even more frequently, which just isn't possible for me :( But I'll be hoping to return soon.

Thanks to you all for making my visit so memorable!
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town

Return to “Travel Tales”