Skip to Content

Social Media Sightings Apps.......

Working together to make our parks a place to be enjoyed by all, and a sustainable national parks system connecting to society.
DinkyBird

Re: Social Media Sightings Apps.......

Unread post by DinkyBird » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm

Glad you got to see some animals at least RobertT - a fish eagle and lion :dance:
- Dalene

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:30 pm

... and I hope you got to enjoy some of your visit RobertT, and will share that part with the forums in a Trip Report?
- Dalene

Poz

Unread post by Poz » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Garyd73 wrote:The best app we use to share sightings and enjoy the most is rolling down the window (well not actually as we are in a OSV :wink: ) and talking to the cars and other people that slow down to talk to us. We have shared many great finds and been tipped off about others in the local area. Working in IT everyday I want to get as far away from technology as possible when on holiday.

Awesome Gary! That is truly the spirit of sharing in the park in my opinion! 2/3's of the fun is getting there!
VHR in the making...... :thumbs_up:

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Crested Val » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Having visited Kruger since the early 70's that is the way we always used to do it Gary!!! :dance:

If we had a special sighting (and I don't just mean the big5) I would be itching to tell the first car we met after leaving the area. I would maybe also tell the next car, but after that as we drove further away, it was "everyone for themselves again"!!! :lol:

I still share to this day, and always appreciate if people share with me, but this is on a one to one basis, so the world and his wife are not going to pitch!!!

Many years ago while we were on the Mahonie Loop, when we were almost back at camp, an old Oom flagged us down and very quietly said "If you look to your right just off the road, you will see a Suni!!!!!"

I am quite sure that we would never have spotted him on our own!!! :whistle: :whistle:

ruthp
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by ruthp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I'm just wondering - :hmz: What sighting/s get missed when one is keeping your eye on the sighting app?

Mischief
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Yes as well as the sightings you are missing by racing off to go and check the App sighting :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Return to “Be a Responsible Tourist”