Skip to Content

Booking advice for Activities

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.
Scadoxus
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: How can a book a wilderness trail for Jan 2016?

Unread post by Scadoxus » Mon May 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Dear Heike

The SANParks Honorary Rangers offer hinking trails in Wolhuter, near Berg-en-Dal in the southern section of Kruger in Janauary and February 2016.

A complete list of the dates for our Walking Safaris is here on our Bush Camps page. Scroll down to Walking Safaris for the list of dates. http://www.sanparksvolunteers.org/bush-camps

Contact bushcamps@honoraryrangers.org to book your date.

Ggain

Booking game drives and trails before we arrive?

Unread post by Ggain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 pm

We are a group of 13 who are coming to Kruger in January 2016. We've been before but never with such a large group . We have booked all our accommodation of course but I was wondering if anyone could help with this question? We would like to do a riverwalk at Olifants and a couple of game drives in camps is like Satara and lower Sabie. Do you think we should book ahead? And if so anyone have any ideas on which is the best way to do this ?

Elsa

Re: Booking game drives and trails before we arrive?

Unread post by Elsa » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Warm welcome to the forum! :clap:

You can book ahead and its usually wise to do so especially at the popular camps like the ones you are booked at and also as you are a big group.
You can send an e-mail through to Reservations with your Reservation # and ask them to add it or if you can do it via the On-line method if that is how you booked.

But do have a read through Olifants River Walk and a bit more Here for more info and advice.

SANParks
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Booking advice for Activities

Unread post by SANParks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:59 pm

andyaxa wrote:We have R2600 in our account balance due to a cancellation. I added a River Walk to our stay at Olifants. which gave us a R1300 balance to be paid. However, when I go to pay the balance, there is no option to use our account funds....only credit card. Is it not possible to use account funds to pay for activities?

Dear andyaxa,

We are currently busy developing the facility that will enable clients to use their credit on hold, but that's still a couple of months away from deployment.

Please email the above info along with your client code to reservations@sanparks.org and they will assist you with using your credit.

Best wishes,
Nedret Saidova
Senior Manager: E-Business, SANParks

SANParks
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SANParks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:22 pm

andyaxa wrote:Thank you Nedret! As we will still have more credit on hold after this transaction, which will likely lead to the need for a split payment on our next transaction, I think we will just put in a request for full refund of the accommodation cancellation and pay for the activities with credit card.

Yes, that might be the better option. If you haven't emailed reservations@sanparks.org already, then you can email Reservation.Refund@sanparks.org

andyaxa wrote:That will be great when the website enables one to pay online with account credit. Also, and I'm sure this is probably in development as well, it would be helpful to go online and view the exact amount one has on credit...maybe on the "Existing Reservations" screen.

When you pay for a reservation, the system will check to see if you have any credit on hold. If you do, it will subtract it from your current "bill" and provide you with the balance which will need to be paid by credit card. If the credit on hold is still larger, the difference will be kept till you make another booking, or request a refund.
Nedret Saidova
Senior Manager: E-Business, SANParks

nancybsimmons

Unread post by nancybsimmons » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:52 pm

If I have credit on my account for an online accommodation booking at Kgalagadi, can I use that credit on arrival to pay for night drives and morning walks arranged once we arrive? I had to shuffle our reservations around to get into the camps that we wanted, and now I have R2100 left over. We definitely want to do some activities in Kgalagadi and I would like to use these funds to pay for them..... just wondering if that is possible.
Nancy

August 2016
Kruger: Berg-en-Dal, Lower Sabie, Bushmans Wilderness Trail, Satara, Olifants, Punda Maria
Kgalagadi: Urikaruus, Kalahari Tented Camp, Nossob, Bitterpan
Also Mapungubwe, Marakele, Augrabies Falls, Mokala, and Golden Gate NPs

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi Nancy,

from what I understand from the reply by Barry, and the info from SANParks (Nedret) above - you can either use your credit to pay for activities when you book them in the park; or you can write to the email provided by Nedret Reservation.Refund@sanparks.org and ask for your credit to be refunded to you. And then obviously, you will pay as per normal for the activities.

It is up to you how you use it, but you are able to receive a refund for the credit on your account.
Sawubona
Dalene

Rivers2Run

Booking sundowners and night drives

Unread post by Rivers2Run » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:05 pm

We will be traveling in Kruger in September and would like to book some game drives at sunset and night. How far in advance do you recommend booking those trips? I understand that you must contact the camps directly. We have our accommodations and wilderness trail booked, just wanted to add some drives.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm

It really depends on the camps and of course how busy the season is that you have booked in but if you know which drives and from which camps you wish to take the activity then you can simply add it to your reservation on line and pay for it directly.
If you are undecided and prefer to wait until you arrive in the park then book it as soon as possible at the reception either when you check in or a a later date but then of course you do run the risk of it being full.
but they often do have 2 vehicles going out in those occasions. :thumbs_up:

Rivers2Run

Unread post by Rivers2Run » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:05 am

So I tried adding some activities to my existing reservation and I am not sure how to do it. I cant seem to open my reservation and have the activities open at the same time. Sorry I unfamilar with the system. Could you give me some pointers? Thanks for your patience.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:13 am

Rivers2Run if you have a read through ILoveMeerkats post she gives some great info in there which should hopefully help you.
but do ask if you still have problems getting them done.

moose

Sunset drive/morning walk in Sirheni or Shimuweni??

Unread post by moose » Sun May 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi all - we'll be arriving in Kruger in 3 weeks!! Can't wait!! :dance: We will be in shimuweni the nights of 25, 26 may and sirheni nights of 29 and 30. first time for both. If you had to choose sunset drive in 1 camp --- which would it be?? Which one gives us most chance of seeing wildlife from the camp in the evening without a drive and which has best chance of wildlife driving?

We might also book a walk, but two of us wb excluded and we'll have a chance to see the smaller critters already as we're signed up for walks in mopani and letaba and olifants :wink: . But if we were to walk -- which would you choose?? Do either offer a relatively good chance at seeing wildlife for a walk?

Thank you kindly for any advice you all might have?

DavidG

Unread post by DavidG » Mon May 02, 2016 11:29 am

It is impossible to predict what you might see on a walk or a drive from any camp. Both the Bush Camps you are to visit provide the possibility of sightings from camp in the evenings. I have done well over 100 walks from camp over the years and sightings vary from absolutely nothing to Black Rhino and Lion on a kill. Wherever you walk just concentrate on the small things and treat big game as a bonus. Even if sightings are poor the experience of the sights, sounds and smells in the bush are fair compensation.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon May 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Very good response and advice David! :thumbs_up:

moose

Unread post by moose » Mon May 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks so much, that is exactly what I want to know!

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”