Skip to Content

Biyamiti Bush Camp Game Drive Sightings.

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.
bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Biyamiti Bush Camp Game Drive Sightings.

Unread post by bridgeman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:20 am

Ladies and Gents

a great welcome to biyamiti bush camp sightings, surely a best place to be. it has been a while trying for this page but due to poor signal in the area it was almost as impossible. but as we all know putting in an extra effort all shall be achieved.

at least once every week I will update this page for recent sightings. This is one place one can never regret visiting as it provide a unique experience and with the routes leading towards the camp one can never go wrong with sightings (S114 and S25) both routes link with the famous S139 #famous for its private shows. :clap: :popcorn:

I hope all wild life fans will enjoy reading on this page and wave a hand :thumbs_up: when you visit the camp, all the best and looking forwards on meeting some of you in the camp.

Regards
Bridgeman (Biyamiti Camp #Field Guide)

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Re: Biyamiti Bush Camp Game Drive Sightings.

Unread post by bridgeman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:08 pm

14/08/2014 #Sunset-Drive @17:30-20:30

It started as normal, Elis digging for water on the dry river beds (biyamiti river) buffalo's on the S139 4kilo direction. Every car we met on the road wanted to break the news of the leopard that killed an Impala on the same road #S139, just on the foot of the river there lays the leopard with its fresh kill just starting to fist on it. We joined the S25, S26, S108 towards H5 with lost of small and an active genest, civest, countless bush babies and white tailed mangoose...no lions for the night but the long list of animals made the night a doubtless succes.
#guest rated 10/10.

15/08/2014 #Sunset-Drive@17:00-20:30

A big five complete in 3hours + genets, civets, mangoose, bush babies..4 young male #lions on the Juction of H5 and H4-2, another Male big this time on the Junction of S25 and S26. Apparently the leopard on the kill were 2, mother and a cup but we only saw the mother, cup was spotted early on the trees. :cam: #guest rate 10/10.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks so much Bridgeman, sure this will be a very popular topic to follow!
Great start. :dance:
Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

Pumbaa
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Pumbaa » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Looking forward to hearing about your stories, Bridgeman :popcorn:

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Unread post by bridgeman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Sunset-Drive 16/08/2014 @17:00-20:15

-Briliant sighting of Lions with tiny cups on the H5 road...
-Elis in every conner.
-buffalo's few
-the rain didn't give us much on the small activities like genets as it started pouring down heavly half way with the drive.
-we got wet but it was worth it, 4/5 in a rain, all sightings next to the road.

Rated 10/10

17/08/2014 @17:00-20:15

-Elis
-we missed lions on the hippo pool junction.
-genets, white tailed mangoose, #no civet tonight.
-white faced "scops" owl.
-as I'm typing, lions roaring from the Lukimbi section.
:thumbs_up:

Rated: good.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Lions with 5 tiny cubs! :clap: :dance:
Brilliant drives!
Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

Stark
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stark » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 am

What a fantastic thread, thank you bridgeman! :dance: :dance:

We were fantastically unlucky on our one drive from Biyamiti back in 2012 - even the guide said it was unusual for the bush to be so quiet. It goes to show how important it is to be at the right place and at the right time.

Biyamiti certainly is the right place, and we will be back there again the next time we visit SA and KNP. :thumbs_up:
"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." West African Proverb

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 am

Bridgeman, wonderful topic, and many are following your reports. Thank you! :clap:
Sawubona
Dalene

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Unread post by bridgeman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:58 am

Private drive to Pretoriuskop 22/08/201 @14:00

I drove pass the look out point on the biyamiti road S139 4km from the camp. There was a buffalo carcass, the lions were sleeping on the shade as the sun was hot on the day' I could see only 3lions but someone saw about 5 lions early on the day.

Visual was good...#nice :thumbs_up:

gjorgi

Unread post by gjorgi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Will definately follow this thread!! Went on a sunset drive with Bridgeman in May, didn't see a lot but great none the less!! LOVE Biyamiti!!

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Unread post by bridgeman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Waterbuck wrote:Hi Bridgeman and others.
I used to be (and still am) a Shimuwini man, but visited Biyamiti last year for the first time. It's probably right to say that I now love both these camps. It's about three weeks before we will have four glorious nights in Biyamiti :dance: (yes, this is where the rest of you turn :mrgreen:)

Bridgeman, we would be honored and humbled if we could do a sunset drive with you, but I would like to get your opinion (and that of the other Biyamiti fans): if we were to do either the morning walk or the sunset drive, which one do we choose? :hmz:

Bridgeman - do you take out the drives and walks? We will be staying at Biyamiti from 30 Sept to 04 Oct and would be great if you could let me know which days you'll be taking the sunset drive.

To the rest of you that are turning :mrgreen:: I have already started the TR for this upcoming visit and will be reporting fully on Biyamiti. You can find it at Come with MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

#waterbuck
I' would suggest you book both as the 2 activities are far different, on our walks we focus mostly on finer details of the bush, we focus on smaller details that you can't see or experience on vehicles. we get lucky sometimes and see one or more of the big and hurries but they come as a bonus were on game drives our main focus is to see animals, we cover more distance when we driver other than when we just walking.

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Unread post by bridgeman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:08 pm

JenB wrote:Hi folk!

Warm greetings from Lower Sabie. :)

We spent 2 wonderful nights in Biyamiti, what an experience!
The camp and wildlife is beautiful and the camp hospitality is awesome. I had the pleasure of meeting Bridgeman (hi Bridgeman! :yaya: ) this morning and he agreed for me to take a pic of him next to the now famous OSV so you all can meet him too.

I'll post it as soon as we are back in civilization but for now, back to enjoying Kruger!!

Hi Jen'

It was a great pleasure meeting you. Hopefully your next stop to kruger will be at biyamiti better know as home away from home.

See you soon'

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Unread post by bridgeman » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:15 am

Sunset-Drive 08/09/2014 @17:00-20:00 by bridgeman.

It was a warm day indeed 35d for most of the day, but that didnt kill the anticipation of a good drive.

-Elephants (herds and single bull) Buffalo's, Butelier Eagles( 2A + 1Jv) S139 4km road.
-More Eliss, kudus, Zebras, Wildebeest, Civet, Genet(S25) croc-bridge direction.
-Mating pair of lions on the H4-2 and S130 Junction.
-Nothing much on the H5 road tonight, :hmz: strange.

-The sighting of the year came at 19:23 on S108 road at least -1km from H5.....believe it, some call it "Ant-Bear" some call it "Ant-Eater" some call it "Isambane" but I call it the famous "AARD-VARK" yeees the one and only. :clap: :clap:
a quick 8 second sighting yet it last forever in auto save memory.

Guest Rated: Exellent 10/10 :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by saraf » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:45 pm

Wow, wonderful sighting Bridgeman. Its not all about the big five and its great to have guests who appreciate the other, rarer sightings.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

bridgeman
Guru
Guru

Unread post by bridgeman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 am

Morning Drive 10/09/2014 @05:30-08:45 by bridgeman

Another great morning full of amazing moments.

-Big 5 in 45min :thumbs_up: yes 45m... :clap: to that.
-Buffalos on the S139 as usual. plenty of vultures that checked in along the biyamiti river #4km road.
-The most trending sighting in the area will be the Lioness with two(2) sub adult cubs at biyamiti bridge(S25) they killed a Kudu yesterday afternoon, not too-far from the road.
-The Leopard was just breath taking, wright next to the road, its a very young Leopard that seem to be resident around the bume section (S25 and S26 Jucntion)
-Elephants along the crocodile river were just as common as the Impala.

*Ground hornbills x 4 (S25)
*Laperd faced vulture x 1 (H4-2)
*Martial eagle x 1 (S139)
*Giant eagle owl juv x 1 (S139)

From there onwards the focus was on birds and other small activities.

A morning well spent.......... :clap: :clap:

Guest rated: No 1. :thumbs_up:

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”