Skip to Content

WILD CARD RENEWAL

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.
saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Wildcard renewal problems ? Better to buy a new one ....

Unread post by saraf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:31 pm

You should be able to renew at Malelane Gate, but I'll pass on the problem with the cell phone to Wild Card.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

tent dweller
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by tent dweller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 am

tent dweller wrote:We renewed our Wildcard over the telephone. We called 086 146 9453. We gave them our card number and then we gave them our credit card details and it was done. :shock: :shock:

Riaanf31, why don't you try what we did? :hmz:
PRETORIUSKOP 20 - 21 December 2015
TAMBOTI 22 - 24 December 2015
OLIFANTS 25 - 27 December 2015 (with a view)
LETABA 28 - 31 December 2015
MOPANI 01 - 03 January 2016 (with a view)
PRETORIUSKOP 04 -06 January 2016

PNF
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by PNF » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 am

We renewed ours in May at Marakele. When we checked last week on the website - it was not renewed! 1 e-mail and 1 phone call later............it got fixed. Would have expected that a renewal at a SANPark reception would have automatically been updated on the Wild Card website but apparently not............
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Shingwedzi 22 May - 12 June 2016

Kenvil

Re: WILD CARD RENEWAL

Unread post by Kenvil » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 pm

i have renewed my card twice and to date not received a new card. Are wild cards still been issued?

Ken Viljoen.

saraf

Unread post by saraf » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi Ken,

You will only ever get one card now, regardless of how many times you renew. The card is personalised with your name.

If you did not get a card when you originally bought it (many people didn't, I know) please contact Wild Card (contact details can be found here) and they can arrange for a card to be sent. Many cards that were issued got returned because they could not be delivered.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

HiltonP

Unread post by HiltonP » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:13 pm

saraf... Why do SANParks continue with the printing of Wildcards?

They serve no purpose whatsoever since the staff at the gate now use our printed letters and membership numbers.

I visited seven National Parks last year and none of them had working card readers. All the staff did was punch in our membership number on their keyboards and the computer told them whether we were registered and paid up.

Far better to save money and use it for something more useful, like saving the rhinos!... :)

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Need passport number to renew Wildcard

Unread post by Son godin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Why is it mandatory to add a passport number when renewing a Wildcard as a South African. First I had to add my passport number and then my SO details followed. Strangely after adding his passport number the system did not want to recognized it and gave an incorrect message, but still request that it is mandatory to add. I tried the same number 4 times and then gave up realizing I now have to renew at the park gate. My last attempt was to ignore message and gave no number and luckily I could proceed. LO's passport was at least not required.

If my passport did expire how will I be able to renew on-line. Shouldn't the system only request an ID number from South Africans. :hmz:
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

saraf

Re: Need passport number to renew Wildcard

Unread post by saraf » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

As far as I am aware as a South African citizen you have to provide either your SA ID number or your passport number.

I will pass your query onto the technical people to see if there is an error in the system.

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Son godin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:40 pm

saraf,

Thanks for passing on my query. Without my passport number I could not complete my renewal, but were lucky to provide a passport number and could complete my renewal.

I am not sure if other South Africans have the same problem when trying to renew and therefor asking the questing on why both ID number and Passport are marked as mandatory. When only ID is entered the system does not want to proceed to the next step to complete renewal. By sorting out this problem other SA members will at least not struggle to renew.
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

kite
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by kite » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 pm

I had the same problem and had to supply my passport number to proceed.
When the website asked for partner's passport number, I did not have it to hand and decided to give up on renewal. At that stage I managed to proceed without his number!
Wildcard got renewed!

LeonRoberto

Unread post by LeonRoberto » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:22 pm

I also had a problem after renewing on the 9th Feb 14, I just spoke with my legal team and they advised me that the contract they they have in place is valid for renewing an existing membership, however where there is maproblem for SANPARKS is when an existing member applies for a new membership, there is nothing that advises the existing member that they are bound by the original contract, they clearly have some grey area's??

I just had a call from the Consumer protection Authority, who also checked it out and based on what they have looked into, will proceed with my application!

If you have any problems contact them, they were professional and very prompt, waited not even one day!!
Leon Halliday

DSouter wrote:I could not remember when my Wild Card expired so decided today to renew online.

I completed the online form using the number from my "New" Earth Wild Card but when the process was completed I see that I now have a new Card number and so I am not sure whether any time left on my previous card was taken into account or have I now lost that?

It would be a nice feature to get an e-mail a month before expiry with a link to the webpage completed with your correct number. :lol:

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Son godin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Saraf,

I noted there are many other members having problems with the Wild Card renewals. Is it not possible for the Wild card division managment to browse the forum more frequently and respond to queries.

The renewal system has build in restrictions that you need to supply extra info that you may not have and should not be a requirement to provide, but mandatory to proceed. If that is solved I am sure we will not struggle to renew on-line and complete before my cup of coffee is cold.

I am not refering to login, but only to renewal of the card.

Merlin11

Wildcard renewal

Unread post by Merlin11 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi everyone, we have renewed our Wildcard online successfully, we think we are reading that we will NOT be sent a new card but should use the same card again. Can someone confirm that we will not get a new card?

My only concern is that the card we have doesn't have our name on, but it seems that the newer cards do have your name on, will this be a problem when we come in September? :hmz:

Carol g

Re: Wildcard renewal

Unread post by Carol g » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Not sure about the card but did they Email you a confirmation letter stating that you have renewed your card, if so keep it with you when you go in September and show it with your card, you won't have any problems then
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

Merlin11

Re: Wildcard renewal

Unread post by Merlin11 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi Carol, thanks, we do have a confirmation email so will print and take that with us, as you suggested. :thumbs_up:

Return to “Wild Card”