Karoo Honorary Rangers Host 2008 Birding Weekend
Based on the success of their inaugral birding weekend last year, the Karoo Honorary Rangers have decided that the birding weekend will become an annual event, with the support of Karoo National Park management. They are excited to announce that their next birding weekend will take place from the 18th to the 20th April 2008.
The details of the event are as follows:
- Venue: at the Karoo National Park.
- Dates: from 18 - 20 April 2008.
- Costs: R200 p/p no accommodation; R350 p/p camping; R650 p/p in chalets (sharing) This includes registration fee and a dinner on Saturday evening.
- Guest speaker: Dr Gerhard Verdoorn.
- The idea is light-hearted competition in various categories, and having fun.
- Programme: Registration on Friday from 14h00 - 17h30; Welcoming drink, Team forming, information and regulations at 18h00; Birding starts after the evening function (according to team's choice); Saturday at whatever time each team decides. Competition lists must be handed in by 18:00 on Saturday.
- Dinner, prize giving, lucky draws on Saturday evening 19:00.
- Talk on Sunday morning.
Avaialable facilities limit the numbers of participanting birders, therefore it is essential to book early.
Book no later than 11th April 2008 with
Maria : telephone: 023 414 3615, cell: 0730 199 353
Marieta telephone: 023 415 2736, cell: 084 584 8402
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Field Guide to the Insects of South Africa
Posted by: Yoda on 27th September 2016
Posted by: yolandibell on 27th September 2016
- Military truck overturns at Crocodile River low level bridge in the Kruger National Park
Posted by: Lesego on 27th September 2016