Latest update on the Kruger National Park flood damage
- Balule - Access via Balule Causeway still closed. Use S89 & S90.
- Berg- en- Dal
- Crocodile Bridge
- Lower Sabie
- Punda Maria
- Sable Dam Hide
- Shipindane Hide
- Shingwedzi - Severely flooded - Camp and Day Visitors area out of bounds for public
- Sirheni - Flood damage
- Tamboti - scheduled to reopen on 21 March 2013
Picnic Spots / Viewpoints:
- Afsaal - Open
- Albasini Ruins - Open
- Babalala - Open
- Bobbejaan Krans - Open (Orpen to Satara road breached at S24.404923 E31.549712)
- Crooks Corner - Closed (Major flood damage and inaccessible)
- Eileen Orpen Memorial - Open
- Gardenia Hide - Open
- Kanniedood Hide - Closed (Inaccessible)
- Lake Panic Hide - Open
- Makhadzi - Closed (Flooded)
- Masorini - Open
- Matambeni Hide - Open
- Mathekeyane - Open
- Mlondozi - Open
- Mooiplaas - Open
- Muzandzeni - Open
- Nhlanguleni - Closed (Roads closed)
- Nkuhlu - Open
- Nkumbe - Open
- Nthandanyathi Hide - Open
- Nwamanzi - Open
- Nwanetsi - Open
- Nyawutsi Hide - Closed (Roads closed)
- Olifants River on S44 - Open
- Orpen Dam - Open (Accessible from H10 only Tshokwane Lower Sabie tar road)
- Pafuri Picnic Spot - Closed (Major flood damage and inaccessible)
- Paul Kruger Tablets - Open
- Pioneer Hide - Open
- Rabelais Museum - Open
- Ratel Pan Hide - Open
- Redrocks - Open
- Sable Dam - Open
- Shibyatsangela - Closed (Roads closed)
- Shipandani Hide - Open
- Stevenson-Hamilton Memorial - Open
- Sweni Hide - Open
- Timbavati - Open
- Tshanga - Open
- Tshokwane - Open
Access Roads Inside the Park:
All tarred roads except the following, are open:
- H1-1 (Skukuza to Pretoriuskop) breach near Transport Dam (Temporary detour is available).
- S63(Pafuri Port of Entry Road).
- H7 (Orpen to Satara) major breach at S24.404923 E31.549712 (S106 to be used as alternative by light vehicles (under 4 tons) only).
All gravel roads open, except:
- S3 (Albasini Road) (Open from S1 to H1-1; closed from H11 to S1)
- S21 (Nwatimhiri Road)
- S30 (Salitje Road
- S32 (Orpen Dam Loop) (Only open from H10 to Orpen Dam)
- S33 (Vutomi Road)
- S34 (Munywini Road)
- S36 (Nhlanguleni/ Muzandzeni Road)(H1-2 to S125 closed)
- S50 (Shawu Road)(Open from south to S143 turnoff)
- S57 (Sirheni Road)
- S63 (Luvuvhu Road) (northern riverside section closed)
- S64 (Nyala Drive)
- S90 (Old Main Road) (Open from south until S89 turnoff – Balule causeway still inaccessible)
- S114 (Old Malelane Skukuza Road; Open except at the Biyamiti Weir Causeway)
- S134 (Shingwedzi Round Road)
- S135 (Shingwedzi Causeway Loop)
- Crocodile Bridge
- Giriyondo - 4x4 vehicles only
- Orpen Orpen to Satara road breached at S24.404923 E31.549712 light vehicles only
- Punda Maria
- Pafuri Port of Entry - Severe flooding
Please keep in mind that, due to heavy rainfall, the status of roads can change without notice. Guests are urged to take special caution when travelling in heavy rain and not to cross submerged roads or flooded causeways and bridges.
Guest are hereby notified that opening or travelling on a road that has been closed constitutes an offence and such offenders can be fined.
Guests are kindly urged to use water sparingly as camps/ gates and picnic spots in many areas operate on emergency pumps and boreholes with limited capacity.
Media enquiries: Reynold Thakhuli 073 373 4999 / Ike Phaahla 083 673 6974
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Do you know what the WCCA is about ?
Posted by: MATTHYS on 29th July 2016
- Kruger Park picnic turned into nightmare when gang of men shot monkeys with paintball gun
Posted by: gmlsmit on 29th July 2016
- lights at Orphen at 3am?
Posted by: gemini on 29th July 2016