Latest update on the KNP flood notice
Bateleur, Berg- en- Dal, Biyamiti, Crocodile Bridge, Letaba , Lower Sabie (except 6 tents), Malelane, Maroela, Mopani, Olifants, Orpen, Pretoriuskop, Punda Maria, Roodewal, Satara, Sable Dam Sleepover Hide, Shimuwini, Shingwedzi, Shipindane Hide, Sirheni, Skukuza & Talamati, Tsendze.
Balule has reopened.
Tamboti has also reopened as a number of tents are operational. However, a large portion of the camp remains closed and tents are to be replaced or repaired.
- Serious flood damage and is closed. Temporary toilet facilities have been provided.
Letaba Day Visitors Site
Lake Panic Birdhide
Access roads inside the park
All roads are open, except the following:
S25 (From S26 to S139, Biyamiti Low Level Bridge inaccessible), S33, S34, S84, S114 (from S23 to S139 - Biyamiti Weir closed), Balule Low Level Bridge (detour via S89 and S90), H1-5 (From S91 to H8) (detour via S91, S92 & H8 – detour 17km of which 12 is gravel road).
Sand River Low Level Bridge on H1-2 (between Skukuza and Tshokwane) has been reopened.
Work on the Biyamiti Weir (on S114) is nearing completion and plans are to reopen in early May 2012.
Gates: All gates are open
1. For Tamboti, where damage was extensive and reconstruction is expected to take several months, guests with affected bookings will be contacted in order to change bookings. Tamboti has reopened although many of the units will remain closed until repairs have been completed.
2. There are no picnic facilities at all at Tshokwane. However, temporary toilet facilities are provided.
South African National Parks (SANParks)
Reynold Thakhuli 073 373 4999 or Gabrielle Venter 082 696 4724
Joep Stevens 082 802 8093
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Your Kruger National Park Guide - Frans Rautenbach
Posted by: yoda on 28th July 2016
- Addo Cam 28/07/2016
Posted by: lion queen on 28th July 2016
- Top ranger caught for poaching
Posted by: wildtuinman on 28th July 2016