Media Release: MyAddo Photographic Competition 2011 opens
Weekend Post and Katz Camera World, together with the SANParks Honorary Rangers: Addo Region, will be giving away more than R30 000 in the MyAddo Photographic Competition.
The aim of the competition is not only to raise awareness about the biodiversity within the Addo Elephant National Park, but also to raise funds for research as well as to upgrade facilities for the benefit of all visitors to this wonderful conservation area.
How do you enter?
- All you have to do to enter is take a photograph of a nature scene in the Addo Elephant National Park. Photographers must indicate where in the national park the photo was taken.
- The entry fee is R40 for adults and R20 for scholars and includes an A4 print by Katz.
There are two categories in which to enter:
- Serious photographers using SLR cameras.
- An open category for those with point-and-shoot cameras.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three photographs in each section, and include:
- a two-night stay for two at Lalibela Game Reserve;
- a one-night stay for two at Pumba Game Reserve and a
- one-night stay for two at the Spekboom Tented Camp in Addo Elephant National Park.
Canon has sponsored R10 000 worth of vouchers for each category.
Proceeds will be donated to SANParks Honorary Rangers: Addo Region.
Entries are unlimited. The closing date is January 31, 2012. Entry forms are available on the Katz website: www.katz.co.za
Nicky Bosman, Honorary Rangers: Addo Region, Cell: 082 336 4471, e-mail: Nicky.Bosman@nmmu.ac.za
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Look before exit...
Posted by: Blydeboer on 26th July 2016
- Garden Route National Park invites the public to join World Rangers Day online
Posted by: MATTHYS on 26th July 2016
Posted by: MeezersUK on 26th July 2016