News Release: SANParks announce Kudu Awards finalists
The Kudu Awards are designed to recognise external stakeholders for their contributions and efforts in making South African National Parks the custodian of choice for the national parks system in South Africa. “It also aims at enhancing equitable and sustainable relationships with various external communities with a particular caring interest to the national parks of our country and conservation of our natural heritage in general,” said SANParks, General Manager: Media Liaison & Stakeholder Relations, Reynold Thakhuli.
Thakhuli said a total of nine (9) entities consisting of businesses; individuals and non-governmental organisations are amongst those that made it to the finalists this year. The awards will be made in four different categories:
1. Corporate Contribution to Conservation and finalists are:
- Unitrans VW and Audi a division of Unitrans Automotive
- Magnetic South
- Diamond Route
2. Environmental Media Contribution to Conservation
- Eden FM Community Radio Station
- Dimpho Gopane (Motsweding FM – SABC North West)
- Mike Vincent – TV Producer for 50/50
- Mike Proctor-Sims (SABC News)
3. Community Contribution to Conservation
- Francis Mhiga
- The Mayibuye Ndlovu Development Trust
- Makuleke Community Trust
4. Environmental Education / Capacity Building Award
- Piet N Aphane High School in Zebedial, Limpopo
- Christina Stringer – WWF
- Nomonde Ntundwana (Environmental Educator)
- Janet Snow (Environmental Educator)
- Amakhala Conservation Centre
According to Thakhuli the Kudu Awards will also reward SANParks staff members for their exceptional work performance and efforts on customer service with various categories under the Chief Executive Awards. “This will be a real ‘Night of the Stars’ where excellence will be recognised in what promises to be the ‘Oscars of Conservation’.
The awards winners will be announced at a gala dinner to be held at the new Nombolo Mdluli Conference Centre in Skukuza, Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga, on Monday, 28 November 2011.
For more information:
- Visit www.sanparks.org or contact Itshekeng Mokone on telephone (012) 426 5058 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Reynold Thakhuli on (012) 426 5203/email: email@example.com
Reynold “Rey” Thakhuli, General Manager: Media Liaison and Stakeholder Relations, Tel: (012) 426 5203 / 073 373 4999, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Look before exit...
Posted by: Blydeboer on 26th July 2016
- Garden Route National Park invites the public to join World Rangers Day online
Posted by: MATTHYS on 26th July 2016
Posted by: MeezersUK on 26th July 2016