Road/Facility closures & accessible areas for Augrabies
The following facilities are available:
- The road into the scenic area, including the three lookout points overlooking the river namely Oranjekom, Ararat and Echo Corner are open for day drives.
- ALL ROADS into the game area are ACCESSIBLE although the game area for sedan vehicles is open up to Oranjekom lookout point (including Arrarat- and Moonrock lookout point). From Oranjekom only 4x4 vehicles are allowed.
- Boardwalks leading to only THREE of the six lookout decks are still open for visitors. Following the river course, decks 1-2-4 are closed due to flood damage.
Visitors should wear appropriate footwear as the rocks can be slippery when wet.
We will keep you informed of the latest developments.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- KTP Feb / Mar vs July / August?
Posted by: BDM CAPE TOWN on 25th August 2016
- Mountain Zebra Photography Course - September 2016
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 25th August 2016
- Addo Cam 25/08/2016
Posted by: Dibles on 25th August 2016