Highveld Region HRs clean historical heritage plaques
One of our members, Johan Kotze assisted by his wife Colleen, undertook the project of cleaning the historical plaques throughout the KNP.
The project commenced with the cleaning of the various regions:
- 4 September 2008 - Southern Region: Crocodile Bridge, Pretoriuskop, Berg en Dal and Lower Sabie. Thirty-one plaques in this region were inspected and cleaned.
- 3 February 2009 - Middle Region: Skukuza, Satara and Olifants area. Twelve sites were inspected and cleaned.
- 19 May 2009 - Northern Region: Letaba up to Pafuri area. Eight sites in this region were inspected and cleaned.
A total of 55 heritage sites were visited and a full report was submitted to Mr Thanyani Madzhuta of the Heritage Division in KNP.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Do you know what the WCCA is about ?
Posted by: MATTHYS on 29th July 2016
- Kruger Park picnic turned into nightmare when gang of men shot monkeys with paintball gun
Posted by: gmlsmit on 29th July 2016
- lights at Orphen at 3am?
Posted by: gemini on 29th July 2016