6th Sasol/Marakele Birding Breakaway taking place in October
There will be bird ringing and bird viewing with open vehicles and/or own vehicles. It will also be possible to do some birding at night for sightings such as the pennant wing nightjar, owls and nocturnal animals like civets etc.
Our guest speakers for the weekend are Herman van Niekerk and Saartjie Kidson, Co-authors of the “Spotters Guide of Birds of the Bushveld”.
Marakele is one of SANParks parks situated in a malaria free area next to the town of Thabazimbi. Thabazimbi is 240 km from Pretoria and 270 km from Johannesburg.
Marakele National Park is the home to 28 different mammal species and 380 bird species which includes about 600 breeding pairs of cape griffons.
- Friday 13:00-18:00 Registration
- Friday 19:00 Cheese & Wine function with guest speaker
- Saturday 07:00 Collect Lunch pack
- Saturday Birding whole day
- Saturday 19:00 Potjie
- Sunday 11:00 Brunch and prizes
The following accommodation is available:
- Bontle Camping site: Accommodating maximum of 6 (six) persons per site. Power points available. Two sets of camping sites are wheelchair friendly with accessible ablutions
Price: R400-00 for 2 (two) persons – additional persons R100 per person for the weekend.
- 2 Man tents in Bontle Camp: Tents available with 2 (two) matrasses (Bring your own bedding)
Price: R500.00 for the weekend.
- Tlopi Tented camp: Safari Tents (one being wheelchair friendly). Two single beds per tent, stretchers available on request. Fan, Kitchen, WC and shower.
Price: R1400.00 for the weekend.
Click here to download the registration form.
Book early to avoid disappointment. Proof of payment secures your booking and 30 days notice for cancellation.
Queries: Ryna Gerber: 082 214 0616 or (014) 717-4222 & E-Mail: email@example.com
This initiative is sponsored by Sasol in conjunction with Birdlife South Africa.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Orpen Cam 06/05/2016
Posted by: ritad on 6th May 2016
- Banned for no reason? Pls email the webmaster
Posted by: DinkyBird on 5th May 2016
- Rutting season, drive slow on the KNP roads
Posted by: Elsa on 5th May 2016