Malawi/Zambia Satellite Collaring Exercise 2004
- Lower Zambezi National Park: 6 collars on 6 herds
- North Luangwa National Park, Zambia: 3 collars on 3 herds
- Kasungu National Park, Malawi: 3 collars, 2 herds and 1 bull
- Vwaza Marsh Wildlife Reserve, Malawi: 3 collars, 2 herds and 1 bull
- Nyika National Park, Malawi: 2 collars, 1 herd and 1 bull
Herd selection and photography, darting from helicopter and moving of remaining animals, elephant becomes recumbant, collar fitted and elephant placed on its side where possible, satellite reference and radio frequency specific to each collar, satellite unit counter-balanced by weight below neck, after the procedure is completed, the antidote is administered, after 2 to 3 minutes the elephant gets up, satellite unit sits on top of the neck and transmits as set by user.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- KTP Feb / Mar vs July / August?
Posted by: BDM CAPE TOWN on 25th August 2016
- Mountain Zebra Photography Course - September 2016
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 25th August 2016
- Addo Cam 25/08/2016
Posted by: Dibles on 25th August 2016