Malawi/Zambia Satellite Collaring Exercise 2004
- Lower Zambezi National Park: 6 collars on 6 herds
- North Luangwa National Park, Zambia: 3 collars on 3 herds
- Kasungu National Park, Malawi: 3 collars, 2 herds and 1 bull
- Vwaza Marsh Wildlife Reserve, Malawi: 3 collars, 2 herds and 1 bull
- Nyika National Park, Malawi: 2 collars, 1 herd and 1 bull
Herd selection and photography, darting from helicopter and moving of remaining animals, elephant becomes recumbant, collar fitted and elephant placed on its side where possible, satellite reference and radio frequency specific to each collar, satellite unit counter-balanced by weight below neck, after the procedure is completed, the antidote is administered, after 2 to 3 minutes the elephant gets up, satellite unit sits on top of the neck and transmits as set by user.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- mata mata gate hours?
Posted by: irecardi on 30th September 2016
- Satara Cam 30/09/2016
Posted by: ritad on 30th September 2016
- Orpen Cam 30/09/2016
Posted by: Trrp-trrrrrrrr on 30th September 2016