Kruger National Park heavy rains update
18 March 2014
- Talamati Bush camp will reopen Wednesday, 19 March 2014.
- The S85, S21 and S79 roads in the Marula Section have reopened.
As a safety precaution it has been decided to close the following facilities:
- Talamati Bush camp (closed until Wednesday, 19 March 2014)
- Biyamiti Bush Camp (closed until Wednesday, 19 March 2014)
- Wolhuter Trails Camp (closed until Saturday, 29 March 2014)
- Boesman Trails Camp (closed until Saturday, 29 March 2014)
- Olifants Trail Camp (closed until Wednesday, 19 March 2014)
- Nyalaland Fly Camp (closed until Wednesday, 19 March 2014)
- Balule Satellite Camp has reopened.
- Sirheni Bush Camp has reopened.
- Bateleur Bush Camp has reopened.
- Shimuwini Bush Camp has reopened.
- Sable Hide is open.
Roads and Bridges
- Gravel roads in the Marula Region still closed, with the exception of the roads listed below.
The following gravel roads are open in the Marula Region:
- H2-2 (Afsaal - Pretoriuskop)
- S36 (from H7 - S145)
The following roads are closed in the Nxanatseni Region:
- S64 from Punda Maria to Thulamela
Gates/Ports of entry:
- Crocodile Bridge Gate is open.
- Tshokwane Picnic Site is open.
- Pafuri Picnic Spot is open.
All main camps are not affected and the park is still accessible. For more information call the central reservation on 012 428 9111 or the Emergency number 013 735 4029.
For media enquiries:
Acting Head of Communications, SANParks
Tel: 012 426 5203; Cell: 073 373 4999