Media Release: South African National Parks (SANP) Amends Rules on Deposits and Pensioners Discount
17 August 2000
The rules for cancellations remain unchanged and are as follows:
- 31 days before visit, full refund
- 30 to 15 days before visit, 75% refund
- 14 to 7 days before visit, 50% refund
- Less that 7 days before visit, no refund
- A R50 processing fee will be charged for all cancellations.
The policy that made the Pensioners Discount not applicable to the Satara, Skukuza, and Lower Sabie restcamps in the Kruger National has also been revised. Pensioners are now welcome to book these rest camps except for weekends, school holidays and public holidays. The pensioners discount is 40% and is enjoyed by any SA citizen orpermanent resident 60 years or older. A valid ID document will be required upon arrival at parks for age verification purposes.
Dr Salifou Siddo
Head: Corporate Affairs
South African National Parks
Tel: (012) 343 9770; Fax: (012) 343 0153