Media Release: Winter Food & Wine Pairing at Geelbek Restaurant, WCNP
Few things compare to the joy derived from a superb meal accompanied by delightful wines in a cosy setting. This June and July Geelbek Restaurant, inside West Coast National Park, has teamed up with local West Coast wineries to bring visitors a unique sensory experience.
Elmarie Leonard, owner of Geelbek Restaurant, has drawn from her considerable talent to produce two inspired menus both containing elements of ‘veld food’ – wild ingredients growing inside West Coast National Park. Each four-course menu is accompanied by a selection of wines from Darling Cellars and Groote Post respectively. The two food and wine pairing events take place on 23 June and 20 July from 18h00 and cost R300 per person. West Coast National Park has waived the entry fee for visitors attending the events.
23 June with Darling Cellars
- Cream of dune spinach soup served with a hint of bokkoms, rice, wild mushroom, Chilli and Parmesan cheese paired with Darling Cellars Chardonnay
- Perdevoetjies (Limpets) in white wine and leek sauce served with a warm salad of veldt bulbs paired with Darling Chenin Blanc
- Slow cooked lamb shank pie served with potato and wild garlic au gratin served with Kattekruid and red wine jus paired with Darling Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wilddagga chocolate torte served with a warm orange syrup paired with Darling Chocolate Pinotage
20 July with Groote Post
- Braised Veldkool, Waterblommetjies and wild onion and garlic smoor served with goats cheese paired with Groote Post Wooded Chardonnay
- Pan-fried harder stuffed with green pepper and feta cheese served with Old Cape fish sauce served with veld salad of Bokhorinkies, Slymstok and Suring paired with Groote Post Sauvignon Blanc
- Roasted Springbok in a Red wine jus served with Wild Rosemary, Veldt sweet potato,Wildgarlic,chilli and wild onions paired with Groote Post Shiraz/ Old Man’s Red blend
- Honeycake pudding served with ginger cream and Rooibos and Buchu syrup paired with Groote Post Unwooded Chardonnay
Guests are welcome to stay overnight inside West Coast National Park at the quaint Duinepos Cottages at a special winter rate starting at R915 for a 4-sleeper chalet. For more information on Duinepos specials, please see www.duinepos.co.za.
South African National Parks (SANParks) Cape Region Communications
Tel: +27 21 712 2337
Regional Public Relations Officer: Cape Region
South African National Parks
Tel: +27 21 712 2337; Cell: +27 72 060 8188
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- 4X4 Adventure Trails Open?
Posted by: MSI on 27th May 2016
- Record R48m contribution by SANParks Honorary Rangers celebrated
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 27th May 2016
- Addo Cam 27/05/2016
Posted by: lion queen on 27th May 2016