The Dassie 10km Trail Run
For the first time in the history of the Otter Trail Run, race organisers Magnetic South will introduce a shorter race, 10 km in distance, which is aimed at all those athletes who:
- want to be part of South Africa’s most competitive Trail Run
- want to be there when worldclass athletes cross the finish line of the Otter
- are friends or family of an Otter athlete and are keen to be active without missing the finish of the Otter heroes.
- want to run, but are not ready for the Otter
- wanted to run, but didn’t manage to get an entry to the Otter
- just love the Trail
If one of above criteria fits you, then the Dassie Trail Run is the right race for you!
A beautiful trail starting and finishing at Stormsriver Mouth joining the last kilometers of the Otter Run. The race starts at 07:30 am in the morning; 1.5 hours after the start of the Otter. Dassie athletes will finish through the same finish shoot as the Otter athletes will a little bit later.
Achievable for the novice trailrunner but will give a good taste of the splendour and technical challenges faced by participants doing The Retto Run - The Grail of Trail!
Enter for the Dassie Trail Run online
Tel: 044 382 2932
The Dassie Trail Run coincides with a 30% discount on camping at Storms River Mouth rest camp. Contact Reservations to book your accommodation now:
Tel: 012 428 9111 / 082 233 9111
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africaâ€™s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Looking to exchange MM for Nossob campsite
Posted by: KaliCA on 31st August 2016
- Orpen Cam 31/08/16
Posted by: Tilandi on 31st August 2016
- Polentswa 4x4 Wilderness Trail
Posted by: Fibern on 30th August 2016