The Dassie 10km Trail Run
For the first time in the history of the Otter Trail Run, race organisers Magnetic South will introduce a shorter race, 10 km in distance, which is aimed at all those athletes who:
- want to be part of South Africa’s most competitive Trail Run
- want to be there when worldclass athletes cross the finish line of the Otter
- are friends or family of an Otter athlete and are keen to be active without missing the finish of the Otter heroes.
- want to run, but are not ready for the Otter
- wanted to run, but didn’t manage to get an entry to the Otter
- just love the Trail
If one of above criteria fits you, then the Dassie Trail Run is the right race for you!
A beautiful trail starting and finishing at Stormsriver Mouth joining the last kilometers of the Otter Run. The race starts at 07:30 am in the morning; 1.5 hours after the start of the Otter. Dassie athletes will finish through the same finish shoot as the Otter athletes will a little bit later.
Achievable for the novice trailrunner but will give a good taste of the splendour and technical challenges faced by participants doing The Retto Run - The Grail of Trail!
Enter for the Dassie Trail Run online
Tel: 044 382 2932
The Dassie Trail Run coincides with a 30% discount on camping at Storms River Mouth rest camp. Contact Reservations to book your accommodation now:
Tel: 012 428 9111 / 082 233 9111
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Field Guide to the Insects of South Africa
Posted by: Yoda on 27th September 2016
Posted by: yolandibell on 27th September 2016
- Military truck overturns at Crocodile River low level bridge in the Kruger National Park
Posted by: Lesego on 27th September 2016