Media Release: KNP Field Rangers' strike called-off
The South African National Parks (SANParks) field rangers’ strike which commenced on the 3rd February 2012 has been called-off, effective as from today, 30th April 2012.
The National Health & Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU), acting on behalf of striking employees proposed the following:
- That the strike be immediately called-off and striking employees to return to work on or before Tuesday 1st May 2012
- SANParks suspends the contemplated retrenchment for operational requirements; and
- That SANParks commits to a meeting to address grievances which led to the strike.
SANParks responded as follows:
- NEHAWU’s proposal to call-off the strike is accepted and that striking employees should return to work unconditionally
- SANParks shall call-off the contemplated retrenchment for operational requirements
- SANParks commits to meet striking employees and or their representatives in order to discuss issues that led to the strike; which are not related to matters of mutual interest, but matters of rights; and
- SANParks further committed to share relevant information at the meeting in order to demonstrate that the issues raised by striking employees are part of on-going discussions with recognized unions.
William Mabasa, HOD: Public Relations and Communication, KNP said that affected employees will not be victimized or intimidated as a consequence to their participation in a protected strike. Acts of misconduct will be dealt with in accordance with the Disciplinary Code and Procedure.
The parties agreed to a meeting on Thursday 17th May 2012.
GM: Media Liaison & Stakeholder Relations, SANParks,
Tel: (012) 426 5170, Cell: 073 373 4999, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOD: Public Relations and Communication, Kruger National Park.
Tel: (013) 735 4363, Cell: 082 807 3919, email: email@example.com
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- Addo Cam 01/10/2016
Posted by: ritad on 1st October 2016
- Vote for the Best Scenery Picture for September 2016
Posted by: lion queen on 1st October 2016
- Re: Animal Photo of the Month Nominations - October 2016
Posted by: RosemaryH on 1st October 2016