- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Announcement: Public Sighting of the Month
Eric Reisinger, SANParks photographer and photo editor, will select the photo, which will be displayed on our home page for the last week of every month.
This page links one to the Public Sightings Gallery.
How to submit pictures
Visitors to the parks who take pictures and would like to share them with others and send them to this website can do so.
What we require is:
- The image
- Description of image needs to be provided in English
- Photographer’s name (real name or preferred nickname)
- Location where picture was taken (e.g. Ratel Pan Hide, Timbavati River, Central Kruger)
- Date when picture was taken (specific date or month and year)
While we appreciate that photographs can be very special and personal to the photographer, we do not want the gallery to be flooded with a host of arbitrary photographs. Thus please only send in stuff if it is something rare or seldom seen, or if it depicts unusual behaviour of wildlife (plant photos are more than welcome) or if it is of such outstanding quality that you think it would qualify for a photography award. Please note the editor’s decision is final and he can be a grumpy so and so!! Once the site gets saturated certain pictures will be culled (and NO! that has nothing to do with elephants!)
Picture submission rules:
Please ensure that you only send through a maximum of 3 images. We know that it is sometimes difficult to choose from amongst your pictures-it's just as hard for us to choose which ones to load! Unfortunately we need to be strict about this due to the sheer volume of images we are receiving. This means that submissions of more than 3 images cannot be considered.
***Please note ***
The email address to submit photographs has changed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picture size should be 4MB
- Provide Name, Surname and Country of photographer
- Date and location where photo was taken
- Max of 3 pictures IN TOTAL per person per month! Please attach them as .JPG files.
- e-mail submissions
- If your submission does not appear online within 14 days, consider that it did not meet the required standards, or was too similar to existing images.
Submissions that do not meet the requirements will be disregarded!
If you wish to view the sightings of the big 5 recorded by our park rangers in the Kruger National Park, go to BIG 5 Sightings.
Visitors spotting and/or taking photographs of cheetah or wild dog in Kruger are urged to please complete the following forms on the SANParks/Endangered Wildlife Trust wild dog and cheetah census.