- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
West Coast National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Race the picturesque Langebaan Lagoon Cycle challenge
The event starts on the banks of the Langebaan Lagoon in the picturesque village of Langebaan. As the route winds exclusively through the West Coast National Park, it takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery on the West Coast. The route closely hugs the shoreline of South Africa's only saltwater lagoon as you pass through Strandveld vegetation before making your way across the peninsula that divides the Atlantic Ocean and the Langebaan Lagoon.
- Take time to appreciate the azure blue waters of this fantastic coastline as you pedal past landmarks such as Preekstoel, Kraalbaai, Geelbek and Schrywershoek. Be on the lookout for the many animals that roam the West Coast National Park, as this in itself makes it a very special ride.
- The rolling hills have interesting names such as Skunk Hill, Fanie se Kop and Seeberg and make for a challenging, yet enjoyable day out. The ride finishes at the top of Stumpnose Rock (affectionately known as Mamba Hill) with a breathtaking view of the lagoon as the backdrop. This is a great event to end the PPA road fun ride calendar for the year!
Direction to Venue
- From Cape Town, take the R27 (West Coast road) past Melkbosstrand.
- Continue north on the R27 for some 80 km to the Langebaan turn-off at the One Stop Garage.
- Turn left and drive into Langebaan.
- At the fourth stop street, turn right into Bree Street and first left into Main Street which will take you to the SANParks Office area.
- -33.099056,18.029766 GPS Coordinates
- See the PPA website for the interactive directions.
- The roads in the National park will be closed to traffic for the duration of the funride. There is a neutral (no racing!) zone from the WCNP offices to the park gate.
- Registration and late entries at the WCNP Office on Friday, 11 November 15:00–19:00 and Sat 12 November from 05:30.
- Great lucky draws; beer tent, music and various food stalls at the finish. Children u/10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can also apply online: www.pedalpower.org.za
- Organising Committee: SANParks Honorary Rangers West Coast Region
- Venue: West Coast SANParks Office Area, Langebaan
- Enquiries: Pam Rutledge / Elbeth Le Roux
- Phone: (022) 772-2787 / 071 160 2822 / 082 899 8616
- E-mail: Info@Lagoonchallenge.co.za
- Prize Giving: 11:30
- Pre-Entries Close: 11 November 2011
- Late Entries Close: 07:45 on 12 November 2011
|Pre Entries||Late Entries|
PPA Discounted entry fee
PPA Discounted entry fee
CSA Day Licence
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?