- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
Would you like to continue?
Skilpad Rest Camp
- It provides 4 chalets, each with 2 single beds in the bedroom and a ¾-sleeper couch (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children) in the open plan living room / kitchen.
- A dining area is available on the enclosed veranda and an indoor fireplace and an outside braai area is also provided.
- The units come equipped with ceiling fans and 220V electricity. One unit (#3) has been adapted for use by guests with challenged mobility. The kitchen is fully equipped with crockery and cutlery, cooking utensils, glassware, a 4-plate stove, microwave, fridge / freezer combo, kettle and toaster.
South African National Parks working together SA Experiences will again be setting up a temporary tented camp at Namaqua National Park to operate during the flower season. The camp will be situated at Delwerskamp, a coastal site about 1km from the Groenrivier office and is easily accessible by ordinary sedan vehicle. The temporary luxury camp will operate from 30 August - 30 September 2013, but bookings are open from 1 March 2013.
10 x Dome Tents
- Dome tent, with canvas patio cover providing shade for two director’s chairs.
- Two single beds.
- One pedestal.
- Electric lantern.
- Bath towels.
- Personal amenities including soap and conditioning shampoo.
- Private but adjacent shower and chemical flush toilet. Warm water provided at pre-arranged shower times.
- The meal plan consists of:
- Optional lunch picnic basket;
- Light afternoon snacks;
- A scrumptious three course dinner.
- Meals will be served in a communal dining tent.
- No activities will be offered - literature on the flowers will be made available for guests to use.
No. of units
Base rate per night
|DT2 (dome tent)
Dome tent with 2 single beds
- No additional pax over and above the maximum number of beds per unit will be allowed.
- No pensioner or seasonal discount will apply.
The camp is accessible by normal sedan vehicle via Groen River gate. Please note that due to tough terrain normal sedan cannot be used further than the camp. In order to explore Namaqua National Park a 4x4 vehicle is required. To enhance the visitor experience of the park guests are advised to use 4x4 vehicles.
- All guest special requests can be directed to SA Experiences, contact details +27 (0) 71 688 8201 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All alcoholic beverages will be at guests' own cost.
- Due to remoteness of the Flowers Beach Camp all transactions on site will be strictly cash only – no credit/debit cards will be accepted.
Direct Public Bookings
SANParks will only handle direct public booking online at Central Reservations (i.e SANParks Head Office Call Centre and Front Office only).
Tel: +2712428 9111
- As this is a special camp set up for the flower season, stricter modification and cancellation rules apply to bookings made at Central Reservations.
- Bookings can not be made at SANParks Satellite reservation offices.
Travel Trade bookings
Any registered tour operator wishing to refer clients to the Namaqua Flowers Beach Camp should book through the SANParks Travel Trade Offices.
Pretoria Office: Tel: +27 (0) 12 426 5025, Fax: +27 (0) 12 426 5488, e-mail: email@example.com
Coastal Camp Sites
- The camps are all rustic and aim to maintain the wilderness character of this coastline.
- Guests need to bring everything they may need for camping. The sites have no water or ablutions, and only some have enviro loos.
- There is no cellphone reception.
- The roads to most sites are poor with stretches of soft sand. Vehicles towing caravans or trailers should be careful, particularly if you are not used to towing in soft sand. Please ensure beforehand that your tyres are the recommended pressure for sand driving.
- There is wood available at Groen river gate, but it is recommended that you bring your own wood.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?