- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Namaqua National Park Flower Report For The Week 04/08/2008 - 11/08/2008
There has been no rain the past week in the park area. All the main roads in the area has been graded and repaired. The flowers are currently excellent, with carpets of orange daisies improving daily with the sunny weather. Other species are also making an appearance, including ‘kalkoentjies’, ‘meidesterte’ and purple vygies.
Good flower areas in the park is Skilpad (and the road to Skilpad); the general Soebatsfontein area; as well as some sections of the coast. Further afield the town of Kamieskroon has the best flowers in years. The Arkoep area also has wonderful orange carpets.
Recommended roads in and around the park:
- Access road to Skilpad from kamieskroon.
- The town of Kamieskroon.
- The Skilpad-Soebatsfontein road (4x4 only!)
- The Arkoep road (between Kamieskroon and Springbok)