- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
The Flowers At Namaqua National Park Have Suddenly Exploded!
Many environmentalists has described the Namaqualand wild flower season as one of the wonders of the world, with 2008 yet another promising year to experience the exceptional namaqua flowers. Over the past weeks Namaqua National Park has witness a sudden outburst of flowers, particularly of orange daisies and Gazanias.
These native African Flowers has been hiding during the dry period; then suddenly after the first winter rains they will spring to life. There has not being signs of rain in the past ten days, but regardless of that and depending on follow-up rains the spectacle can improve even more.
Other flowers starting to make a showing are the Conicosia (Varkiesknol) and Pelargoniums. The areas around Soebatsfontein have large patches of vygies and are looking better than last year.
The town of Kamieskroon also has unbelievable flowers. Most roads had been repaired after the heavy rains and are generally suitable for a Sedan vehicle.
Recommended roads in and around the park:
- Access road to Skilpad from kamieskroon.
- The town of Kamieskroon.
- The Skilpad-Soebatsfontein road (4x4 only!).