- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Flower Report for Namaqua National Park - Skilpad Section: 27/06/2011
Rainfall, Skilpad section, Namaqua National Park:
- April 2011: 3.3mm (but had 27.8mm in March 2011)
- May 2011: 65.8mm
- June 2011: 75.7mm (to date)
Although the rain has not been excessive, it has fallen at very good intervals. Over the past 5 weeks we had rain at weekly intervals, ranging from 9mm to 39mm. This has resulted in seeds germinating en masse and the resultant green carpets looks promising. Some of the rivers have also started flowing for the first time in two years.
Flowers already out include Oxalis sp. and some vygies.
The road to Skilpad is quite corrugated, but drivable with normal sedan vehicles.