- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
Would you like to continue?
Namaqua Flower update for 13 August 2009
Not much has changed at Skilpad over the past week. Skilpad is still looking very good, and should continue to do so for the near future.
Prominent flowers to be seen at Skilpad:
Meidestert (Lapeirousia silenoides); Varkiesknol (Conicosia elongata); hongerblomme (Senecio sp); Gousblomme (Arctotis sp); Gazanias (Gazania sp.); T’neitjie (Pelargonium incrassatum) and various Romulia species. There are some nice Bobbejaantjies (Babiana sp.) to be seen all over. Kalkoentjies (Gladiolus sp.) are also seen more regularly.
The road to the park just past the Haasriver has nice orange flower carpets as well.
The last section of the gravel road to Skilpad (Namaqua National Park) has been graded on the 12/08/2009.
Rainfall for Skilpad as follows:
- April 2009: 35.6mm
- May 2009: 39.1mm
- June 2009: 123.4mm
- July 2009: 20.3mm
- August 2009: 11.2mm (to date)